Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Boards Photobook 2010 - Roll Up Roll Up!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Just submitted there, just have to wait on a couple of people to drop out so i'll be in!

I thought that if your on the waiting list you wait to be told your in then submit your photo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I thought that if your on the waiting list you wait to be told your in then submit your photo?
    sNarah wrote: »
    No selection criteria, it's on a first come, first serve basis. The list is now full and all people that haven't put their name down yet are still welcome to do so, as we have a waiting list in operation. Out of 80 people it is very likely that a few will not actually submit their image, which is when the names on the waiting list comes into action.

In order to facilitate an easy selection and editing procedure - even if you are on the waiting list, we would like you to send your photograph as per the instructions.

I gathered from this you just send it in anyway, suppose it saves the organisers hassle chasing people for submissions if people pull out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭WAPAIC

Definitely do not click on that flickr link before sending off your photo, I'm wobbling....

I gathered from this you just send it in anyway, suppose it saves the organisers hassle chasing people for submissions if people pull out.

I didnt see that at all, picture submitted now anyways i had it sitting ready to go..... fingers crossed someone drops out now (thats a terrble thing to say aint it, lol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Lads if you're on the waiting list, you're only going to confuse us with images being submitted. Hold off until Sunday and we'll sort it out then.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

kensutz wrote: »
    Lads if you're on the waiting list, you're only going to confuse us with images being submitted. Hold off until Sunday and we'll sort it out then.
    Sorry i sent mine in the other day,wont be near the internet sunday or monday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Completely missed out on this. Is it worth putting my name on the waiting list?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Um yeah - my fault, sorry :o

faceman wrote: »
    Completely missed out on this. Is it worth putting my name on the waiting list?

Won't do any harm - off you go on the list so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

Hi all,

I have sent an e-mail to all those who have sent in their submission so far. If you have sent a submission, but did not receive an e-mail, can you please send it through again?

Best
    Eddie

• Advertisement

bohsfan wrote: »
    Best Eddie

I don't know why I put that on the end! I must have been sending too many e-mails today...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Good man. I was trying to figure out who I know we're missing. Susie is definitely one.

You never put Susie on the list......:eek: She's back and she's MAD........

Hey look! We have a blog now too!

And from there you can find the Book on FB, Twitter, Pixie and Flickr (or don't click if you want to be surprised by the fantastic selection of work already submitted).

Also - start convincing everyone that they NEED this book! :o

You never put Susie on the list......:eek: She's back and she's MAD........

She's in. We had someone drop out and it was a genuine mistake. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SusieQue

She's in. We had someone drop out and it was a genuine mistake. ;)

I'm back... but I wasn't mad! Don't make me look evil :o
    Thanks guys ;)

SusieQue wrote: »
    I'm back... but I wasn't mad! Don't make me look evil :o
    Thanks guys ;)

I blame that pullandbang fella. He never checked the list first :P Some Santa he would be if he doesn't even check a list once, nevermind twice :D

Damn you Christmas talk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭DougL

Is the deadline Sunday? I won't be able to get near my computer till tomorrow to get an image together. Week from hell...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭rainyrun

have just submitted my photo.. the file size i sent off was 2080 kb which seems really big!! though i kept to guidelines with the pixels.. Is that size too big?

rainyrun wrote: »
    have just submitted my photo.. the file size i sent off was 2080 kb which seems really big!! though i kept to guidelines with the pixels.. Is that size too big?

Hiya- in a word 'no'!

In a few more words: For print, images need to be of a high resolution to print without loss of quality. This will naturally lead to filesizes far bigger then you will be used to if you usually submit stuff for screen/web.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭rainyrun

thanks bohsfan!
    i did double and triple check against the guidelines so I knew it was accurate, I was just concerned as it seemed really huge!!i tend to keep all my photo files on my hard drive in large files..:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I'm back... but I wasn't mad!

No..... not really mad. Just the occasional barking at the moon, but we all do that, don't we?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll be submitting mine tonight!!! (promise)

DeV.

CabanSail wrote: »
    No..... not really mad. Just the occasional barking at the moon, but we all do that, don't we?

Hehe... Cracked as an egg :) Sure why be normal when you can be yourself eh?? ;)

24hrs to go to get the shots in for those of you who haven't submitted yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Will have mine in to you by this evening - apologies for delay :o

• Advertisement

Just mailed you. Hope you got it OK :)

Just mailed you. Hope you got it OK :)

Got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mushypea007

On the reserve list- fingers crossed I get in !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

File sent. TIFF was too big, so JPG it is. I hope it will still look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

Damnit, can't believe I missed out on this, this year :(

For all it's worth, can you toss me onto the reserves list as well please.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Just submitted my shot

Thanks for all the hard work lads,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Been up to my friggin eyeballs. Just sitting back to a glass of vino and gonna submit pronto ;)

Been up to my friggin eyeballs. Just sitting back to a glass of vino and gonna submit pronto ;)

SNAP!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Cork_girl wrote: »
    SNAP!!!

Add me to that :)

Hoping the wine (which i'm celebrating the forum's birthday by the way) will work wonders on the post processing :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

mine submitted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭DougL

Ditto that...one bottle down, and I've just managed to get mine submitted. I hope the alcohol didn't introduce any typos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

DougL wrote: »
    Ditto that...one bottle down, and I've just managed to get mine submitted. I hope the alcohol didn't introduce any typos.

lol, must be the night for wine-induced photo submitting - i typed as little as possible to eliminate the opportunity for tpoys...

...damn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Roight. Imaghe submitted. Bottel of vino downed. Hopefally no typos :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Mine will be resent tomorrow before lunch. Eddie had probs extracting the full size version due to the way my Mac attaches photos in mail.

Ok sent! I hope size is ok :o

• Advertisement

Ok sent, I've being drinking beer instead of wine, maybe that's why it took so long:) Went for an ancient image in the end; I recently had the warm happy feeling of unexpectedly seeing it printed and mounted in the subject's home so there must be something in it.

It's been said before but mucho thanks to the organisers, this is really great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

yay! submitted - that didn't take long :rolleyes:

1pm is here and the deadline has come. I'm going to draw up a list of those who have yet to submit, and those who are on the waiting list. Those on the waiting list will have higher priority because a deadline was set and plenty of opportunity to get a photo in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Mine will be resent tomorrow before lunch. Eddie had probs extracting the full size version due to the way my Mac attaches photos in mail.

Resent at 13:40pm. Hope got it ok this time

1pm is here and the deadline has come. I'm going to draw up a list of those who have yet to submit, and those who are on the waiting list. Those on the waiting list will have higher priority because a deadline was set and plenty of opportunity to get a photo in.

Waits paitently.... my photo was submitted last week to (before ya said not to if your on the waiting list) so if i get in (fingers crossed) i take it that means i dont have to resubmit it?

Resent at 13:40pm. Hope got it ok this time

Got it.
    Waits paitently.... my photo was submitted last week to (before ya said not to if your on the waiting list) so if i get in (fingers crossed) i take it that means i dont have to resubmit it?

Will get back to you over the next few hours or so.

Reserve list is as follows:
    1. Trican
    2. mushypea007
    3. gandalf
    4. humberklog
    5. homer_simpson
    6. Sir_Gallagher
    7. stabo
    8. Pivot_Al
    9. foto_joe
    10. Jemmy
    11. slkav
    12. faceman
    13. Rodg3

At the minute I'm getting my fellow cronies to check and double check submissions to make sure we can let people know that they're in.

Kensutz, did you receive my image?

WAPAIC wrote: »
    Kensutz, did you receive my image?

I did

• Advertisement

Excellent, thank you.

Advertisement