Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Boards Photobook 2010 - Roll Up Roll Up!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Didn't realise you guys had a 1 pm deadline on this, just October 10th. Anyway its sent now, let me know if you get it.
    Thanks
    bravo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Deadline is the deadline. We'll extend it to midnight so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

kensutz wrote: »
    Deadline is the deadline. We'll extend it to midnight so.

Blah de blah.....

Edit; sorry i was over-reacting, lol.

After extending the deadline to those people who have not submitted photos, it's only fair now to offer their places to guys on the waiting list. By my reckoning there's 70 pics submitted with 10 to go to the guys on standby. 10 days of a deadline is ample time for people to submit a photo and also the talk of the book has been going on for weeks so people should have had an idea as to what they were going to submit.

Final numbers and people to be included will be sorted out hopefully around lunch time tomorrow. Under no circumstances are people to send in photos hoping they get included. Those on the standby list will have until 12am Thursday to get their photos in because we're hoping to start book design asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

http://boardsphotobook.wordpress.com/

If anyone has connections in the media, feel free to pass our details over to them if they would like more information.

The official press release will be make available shortly after the books publication on the blog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I think I got in before the chop? Yeah? :D

And even if I did I'm kicking myself because I've just processed better ones [IMO] - oh well, I do like the one I submitted too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Looks like i've made it in, nice one. I was on the waiting list but submitted my picture anyway a few days ago. Can i assume you still have it Ken? I can send it again if you need me to. Just let me know, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

well i got my photo submitted just in time I hope. very tempted to try and change it though lol

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

How come I'm on reserve list as I was one of the first to put my name to original thread?:confused::):mad::eek::):pac:

Looking good there - we will go through all the submission today and ensure all is okay. @Humber Uh, will check that too :/

• Advertisement

humberklog wrote: »
    Count me in too please.
    humberklog wrote: »
    How come I'm on reserve list as I was one of the first to put my name to original thread?:confused::):mad::eek::):pac:

The above post was the only one made for an inclusion into the book dated 1-10-10

80 people had submitted their names before your post so therefore you were entered on the waiting list. Like sNarah said, don't worry as we're going through the lists of people who submitted and haven't and everything will be sorted soon.

Preliminary reserve list is as follows:
    1. humberklog
    2. Pivot_Al
    3. foto_joe
    4. Jemmy - submitted
    5. slkav
    6. faceman
    7. Rodg3

So far it's looking good for those on the waiting list so I urge you all to get a pic ready to submit.

Preliminary list of those who have submitted, yet to be verified:
    1. Muineach
    2. Valentia
    3. kev_longshanks100
    4. Eyeblinks
    5. City-Exile
    6. AnCatDubh
    7. SinisterDexter
    8. WAPAIC
    9. Cork_girl
    10. Edser
    11. Buzzlightyear
    12. DougL
    13. Artyeva
    14. DeVore
    15. Cabaal
    16. ThOnda
    17. SusieQue
    18. XiledSniper
    19. Cosmo K
    20. Nebezpeci Mys
    21. TechOverhaul
    22. Arciphel
    23. Jim
    24. rainyrun
    25. Trishw78
    26. Cabansail
    27. Kintarō Hattori
    28. kensutz
    29. Darragh
    30. Sir Gallagher
    31. sNarah
    32. danking
    33. rocshot
    34. AnimalRights
    35. pullandbang
    36. DarrenG
    37. swingking
    38. zerohamster
    39. mushypea007
    40. dave66
    41. Morrisseeee
    42. toe_knee
    43. nonsequitir
    44. Trizo
    45. okmqaz42
    46. trooney
    47. zoegh
    48. stabo
    49. snaphappyrobot
    50. Sprinkles
    51. Ruu
    52. Mustachionuts
    53. SineadW
    54. Bernard0368
    55. Gandalf
    56. Rameire
    57. Xia
    58. dotorg
    59. PaulW
    60. thelastdj
    61. DutchGuy
    62. bohsfan
    63. TheCageyOne
    64. dakar
    65. superflyninja
    66. Jemmy
    67. ShaneM
    68. McaWilliams
    69. homer_simpson
    70. bravo
    71. Captain_Flaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Ummm, no sign of me on either of them lists?

is it too late to change photos?

Yes because if one person does it, other people will want to do it.

I wondered that too, bit annoyed with myself for the one I submitted, as I just plain forgot the deadline date, been busy getting ready to go away end of month [Passports/paperwork/Visa all that crap] and forgetting what day it is half the time :D

but, I'm not that annoyed, I like the image I sent but I have much better.

Hi Guys,
    Don't see me on the list, sent by email yesterday, after Ken claifying the deadline.

Ummm, no sign of me on either of them lists?
    bravo wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Don't see me on the list, sent by email yesterday, after Ken claifying the deadline.

Sorted! Damn you lack of sleep!

Thanks Ken,
    Well done to you and the team and looking forward to the result.

• Advertisement

I wondered that too, bit annoyed with myself for the one I submitted, as I just plain forgot the deadline date, been busy getting ready to go away end of month [Passports/paperwork/Visa all that crap] and forgetting what day it is half the time :D

yup im in the same boat! hadnt realized the deadline crept so close, had a few beers, decided to submit a zany choice. I have much better....but i like it, just hope people dont think it was shot unplanned.....cos thats not the case..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

yup im in the same boat! hadnt realized the deadline crept so close, had a few beers, decided to submit a zany choice. I have much better....but i like it, just hope people dont think it was shot unplanned.....cos thats not the case..

For feic sake folks it's not like this thing sprung up on us out of the blue!
    We've been discussing it for weeks and the deadlines were well and truly flagged.
    It's probably the biggest event of the year here in the photography forum and there's a huge amount of work put in by the volunteers who organise it.

Everyone has had plenty of time to choose their submission and remember, it's not a competition, just a selection of the diverse range of photos taken by the diverse range of togs who frequent these pages. So cheer up and be happy and enjoy the book when it comes out.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Anywaayy whats the story with the pricing of the book? I see it's cheaper if you order in bulk, does that mean everybody in the book will be getting it at the cheaper rate or will all our orders be going in individually?

Did it sell well in previous years?

Anywaayy whats the story with the pricing of the book? I see it's cheaper if you order in bulk, does that mean everybody in the book will be getting it at the cheaper rate or will all our orders be going in individually?

Did it sell well in previous years?

We're moving on to that as our next step. Bulk ordering will probably work best and afaik, last year it was done by areas. Some people nominated to get a delivery and delivered them out. We can do that or else do a mass handout for the launch night.

Leave it with us

For feic sake folks it's not like this thing sprung up on us out of the blue!
    We've been discussing it for weeks and the deadlines were well and truly flagged.
    It's probably the biggest event of the year here in the photography forum and there's a huge amount of work put in by the volunteers who organise it.

Everyone has had plenty of time to choose their submission and remember, it's not a competition, just a selection of the diverse range of photos taken by the diverse range of togs who frequent these pages. So cheer up and be happy and enjoy the book when it comes out.:)
    you wont be saying that once ya see my photo!!! :D:D:D :P

yup and a big thank you and inappropriate cuddles to all volunteers!!

Number 52 on the list of 70 is my pic. But it's the title of the pic that's credited.:)

Mustachionuts?

kensutz wrote: »
    Mustachionuts?

Yeah, that's the one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Genuine question about putting pics on flickr / pix

Why are the full sized versions of all pics free available on flickr / pix?
    Apart from the surprise element of the book now gone (:() - anybody is free to download them and do what they want with the pics. I know this against flickr / pix T&C's but that doesn't really stop a lot of people... For this reason i only ever upload pics at 1100px or so. Never the full sized version

or is it that the publishing part is coming direct from flickr?

• Advertisement

Kintaro is the man to answer that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭DougL

Apart from the surprise element of the book now gone (:() - anybody is free to download them and do what they want with the pics. I know this against flickr / pix T&C's but that doesn't really stop a lot of people... For this reason i only ever upload pics at 1100px or so. Never the full sized version

I hate to say it, but this bothers me a bit as well.

I hadn't realised that full-sized versions would be posted on flickr or pix.ie. There was a PM from sNarah that said, "We intend to publish your submitted images on Pixie/Flickr/Facebook/... for promoting the book", but I guess it didn't register with me that they'd be full-sized copies. I have no problem with low-res copies being posted, but in my experience, high-res just encourages theft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

Oooh thats not good at all :eek:

Just noticing that myself. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i'd like that changed asap please.....!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭WAPAIC

I would have thought it would be beneficial to reveal a sample for promotional purposes and keep the rest as a surprise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

+1 to all of the above

Best thing that I can do is to make it (pix.ie) private to contacts only until whoever dealt with that end can sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭WAPAIC

My first "thanks", quite fitting that one of the volunteer production team, as the people to get me into print in a proper BOOK for the first ever time is the recipient:)

I apologize on behalf of the entire team for the error we made in uploading the images to the Flickr/Pixie accounts. It was a genuine mistake on our behalf and both accounts have been deactivated.

Whereas there is nothing more I can add - if there are any questions or other issues, feel free to PM myself, Kensutz or Kintaro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭DougL

sNarah wrote: »
    I apologize on behalf of the entire team for the error we made in uploading the images to the Flickr/Pixie accounts.

Don't sweat it. Thanks for the quick action to get the accounts deactivated!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ive submitted by photo by email just now. Let me know if you dont get it etc! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

sNarah wrote: »
    I apologize on behalf of the entire team for the error we made in uploading the images to the Flickr/Pixie accounts. It was a genuine mistake on our behalf and both accounts have been deactivated.

Whereas there is nothing more I can add - if there are any questions or other issues, feel free to PM myself, Kensutz or Kintaro.

No we in this one sNarah- the mistake is solely mine. I was absolutely certain I had Flickr and Pix set to display only the smaller resolutions. I could even see the setting on the Pix upload page so I have no idea what the heck went wrong on that one.
    If anyone is pee'd off, wants to vent frustration, moan, complain etc do so at me and me alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

No we in this one sNarah- the mistake is solely mine. I was absolutely certain I had Flickr and Pix set to display only the smaller resolutions. I could even see the setting on the Pix upload page so I have no idea what the heck went wrong on that one.
    If anyone is pee'd off, wants to vent frustration, moan, complain etc do so at me and me alone.

pix.ie definitely was working limiting viewing to 800px over the weekend.

AnCatDubh wrote: »

That's what I had thought, so I've no idea why it's showing full sized images. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

AnCatDubh wrote: »

Just to clarify, i only check flickr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

I haven't been around much to participate this year with a shed load of work commitments. Fair play for getting this up and going again, I'm sure there'll be some corkers in there as usual! Sorry I missed out, but I'll keep my eyes open for when the book get's launched, and pick up a copy of it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Had too much going on lately so I didn't get the chance to pick a photo to submit. Rather than just me sending a random meaningless photo, I think there are more deserving photos out there.

Anyhow, thanks to all those have been working the last few days to get things organised especially kensutz and sNarah. Now looking forward to seeing the final products and see you again at the launch!

I never uploaded in full to Flickr until I bought a pro account, I always thought you're original was safe? that's changed?? I thought only you could download your own full sized version?

I'll be back to re-sizing on there in that case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Do you have already a closer idea when the launch party will be? (I know it's still very early to say i.e. too many possibilities for delays, but if I recall correctly the next DCC Council Meeting is this Thursday so I thought I ask...)

I never uploaded in full to Flickr until I bought a pro account, I always thought you're original was safe? that's changed?? I thought only you could download your own full sized version?

I'll be back to re-sizing on there in that case.

You can set in Flickr's options that only you can download your photos. That's what I had set in Flickr but something seems to have gone wrong.

• Advertisement
Advertisement