Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Boards Photobook 2010 - Roll Up Roll Up!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I don't see my name on the submitted list, I guess I lost my place? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

xia wrote: »
    Do you have already a closer idea when the launch party will be? (I know it's still very early to say i.e. too many possibilities for delays, but if I recall correctly the next DCC Council Meeting is this Thursday so I thought I ask...)

Petra, we'll have a look at some dates and get back to you before Thursday. Would you be able to bring it up with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

sNarah wrote: »
    Petra, we'll have a look at some dates and get back to you before Thursday. Would you be able to bring it up with them?

I'm not a council member. But will go to todays normal meeting and tell BethAnne (president) that I'll give her a call on Thursday. Should be fine that way.

The council meeting was actually already last week. D'oh. Anyhow: We have the general ok and when we have a date by Thursday I'll email it to them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

DCC Council Meeting is normally the 1st Thursday of the month. Having been on the Council I know how things operate. The general OK has been given, now it's just a date has to be set. A lot of discussion goes on by emails, so if you let Bethanne know then it can be quickly confirmed.

As DeVore said, the relationship between Boards & DCC is a good one. The Building at 10 Camden St is called the Dublin Photographic Centre, as it's meant for use by the Photography Community outside of DCC as well. This includes us here at Boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I never got a PM or email that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Also any idea on pricing.... need to save the cents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

trishw78 wrote: »
    I never got a PM or email that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Also any idea on pricing.... need to save the cents

I have received your image. It prob came in after I sent the first mail.

I believe that the price is €30.34 for those submitting an image (and hence buying the book as part of the initial order). Individual orders after that will be over €40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

There's still space for 3 more members who wish to be included. Please send in a pic asap so we can finish this off and get the book printed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Space for 3 more?? What was all the over the top rantage about for a few of us wondering if we could change image? Even though we got in before the 2nd/3rd deadline! I thought world was to end if it wasn't completed on time!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

um... maybe some people pulled out which made the way for 3 more to be involved? maybe it's to do with the amount of pages or something?

tbh there are nicer ways to come onto a thread and put forward your point of view, rather than ranting at people who are giving up their time FOC to organise this when you haven't got the facts first.

i wouldn't expect to be allowed to change my submission once i had hit send. we were all aware of the due date, we all had the cognitive where with all to make a decision on what to submit. i would assume that as soon as they were received the page layouts were started, so to go chopping and changing things at that stage would have been just too much hassle.

There are nicer ways to tell people they can't change their submission too, my ban was unnecessarily brought into it after I simply stated I forgot the deadline [even though I still made it in on time]

Of course I appreciate what the guys are doing to put it together, but I was eat out of it for asking simple questions, that's all I'm saying.

Space for 3 more?? What was all the over the top whining about for a few of us wondering if we could change image? Even though we got in before the 2nd/3rd deadline! I thought world was to end if it wasn't completed on time!?

Any thoughts besides a selective thanks on that PAB? You had a rant at us for saying we forgot the deadline.

deadline is a deadline, that was almost put to the rest of us Nazi fashion.

There were 2 deadlines. One at 1pm and then moved to midnight. If you have a problem with this then take it to the mods. If you're looking to start arguments then find some other forum to do it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Of course I appreciate what the guys are doing to put it together, but I was eat out of it for asking simple questions, that's all I'm saying.

You have a very strange way of showing appreciation, a backhanded thank you, finished with getting your dig in, is not only un-necessary it's unwelcome.

The idea (for me) of the book is bringing people together to do something enjoyable, yet each time you enter the thread you seem to be spoiling for a fight. Give it a break it's getting really old at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Thecageyone - if there's a function to allow me stop seeing your posts about this thread - im using it.
    Chill Pill required

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

eeeek I forgot to say. chalk me down for a copy please. :D

• Advertisement

Thecageyone - if there's a function to allow me stop seeing your posts about this thread - im using it.
    Chill Pill required

There sure is, it's called ignore. but since i've not actually said anything bad ...

Funny nobody had a go at Ken for blasting people for merely asking simple questions and bringing other's bans into it for no good reason. But those posts were rightly removed of course.

Also I edited the post for peace sake if you look back, the forum is a bit wonky is edit doesn't actually work?

Already said:

I've never had an encounter with you because I took a back seat on the forum for an awful long time and it doesn't take a genius to work out what people are like from their posts. :rolleyes:

Also like I said, if one person wanted to change a pic then what's to stop 20 more or so wanting to change. The book is going under the design phase now so if you want to nitpick at that too then go for it.

kensutz wrote: »
    I've never had an encounter with you because I took a back seat on the forum for an awful long time and it doesn't take a genius to work out what people are like from their posts. :rolleyes:

Also like I said, if one person wanted to change a pic then what's to stop 20 more or so wanting to change. The book is going under the design phase now so if you want to nitpick at that too then go for it.

Fair enough, I won't judge you on your aggressive ones towards me in here ok :) but there was no need for you to bring up my ban when I'd already served it and came back in quietly with no fuss. What's done is done.

I've had my name in for this since start [pre-ban] ;)

I just seemed singled out for asking about changing image, I weren't the only one. And, i did miss a month :D

Good work and look forward to seeing it put together. It's just I'll be away for a month [for other reasons] and I hoped to see it beforehand. Will buy when I get back so.

dave66 wrote: »
    You have a very strange way of showing appreciation, a backhanded thank you, finished with getting your dig in, is not only un-necessary it's unwelcome.

The idea (for me) of the book is bringing people together to do something enjoyable, yet each time you enter the thread you seem to be spoiling for a fight. Give it a break it's getting really old at this stage.

You're a bit over touchy. This book isn't just for the small group it's for everyone who submitted. That does include me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I'd like to say a timely thanks to the organisers and volunteers putting in so much effort to make this project a success, for the third year in a row, might I add.

I personally can't wait to have the new book sitting on my shelf alongside the last two.

Too often we that are completely satisfied with the process, in fact I would go so far as to say relieved that we don't have to run the process ourselves, just silently sit there, submit our photo, and buy the book.

So, thanks again, for the great job you're doing, I, for one, couldn't be happier with it.

• Advertisement

You are dead right, it's a great idea, I've not been in on it before and maybe I just don't realise the work that goes in. I'm just a narky fecker :D

Fair play to the ones putting it together. Peace :)

Oh Thanks H :o

Now, like Kensutz said, there are 3 spots left, design has started and we're confirming the date for the launch. Payment details will be announced shortly too and I would like to ask in advance, that when they are announced, please proceed with payment as soon as possible as this will ensure the success of the book....

also - small moderation note:
    Submissions are as they are, decided by team. More book-talk and less other talk, thanks very mucho!

Where do we send payment|?

Details will posted on thread and PM'ed to everyone of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

It wasn't a ban- it was a deadline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Hey guys,

Just wondering Could you give me a rough idea on the for the launch please? I'd love to be able to head down for it, sounds like it'd be good craic, and i'd get to put a face to the pictures :D, but i've a few things planned between now and christmas and would need to know soon if i was to change the dates around a bit with them so i could attend the launch.

Also you guys are doing a great job keep it up, if ya's want me to if i go to the launch i could take & deliver (locally) or even post the books up my neck of the woods, if you's wanted? that is if there is anyone else in the NW that is in the book, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Not sure if you are taking orders for the large batch (or if its going in another thread) I would like to order 2 books please ;)

I think and open to correction - we're aiming for November 19th or 20th launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I trust there will be some alcoholic beverages consumed afterwards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

There's still space for 3 more members who wish to be included. Please send in a pic asap so we can finish this off and get the book printed.

I'll take one.

• Advertisement

It's a book launch not an excuse for a pissup. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Will be there!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I trust there will be some alcoholic beverages consumed afterwards?

Before, during and afterwards :)

Last man/woman standing competition

Last man/woman standing competition

Somebody's already in training.....

0DFD3228920941A2B3E941C45FE15A7F-0000320339-0001966856-00640L-A3585406C8514000B8E1C68F213B86C7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Please please make it a Saturday!

I sent the mail to DCC last night for Saturday 20th, didn't know the Friday is in discussion as well. But suppose people would prefer a Saturday anyhow especially if they are travelling to Dublin.

Haven't heard anything back from DCC yet btw. but it's still less than 24 hours that I sent it ;)

20th is handier. I was too lazy to check a calendar to see which was which

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

yay for the 19th/20th - i'll be back in time :pac:

saturday would be handier for us who are outside dublin.

thanks to xia et al for organising.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Somebody's already in training.....

If Kintaro brings along that beautiful vodka along again (;)) you may not be too far off:pac:.

Goes so well with wine.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I'll take one.

Aaaaah brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I think I may have a bottle lying about someplace.

Cool the drinks orders are coming in. Now what will I have.......?

humberklog wrote: »
    If Kintaro brings along that beautiful vodka along again (;)) you may not be too far off:pac:.

Goes so well with wine.

You might want to bring a spare T-Shirt.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

yeah, just wanted to say thanks a million to everyone organising this, I'm super excited to be involved even a little, and everyone I've told about the book is really looking forward to it and thinks it's a deadly idea, especially the charity that benefits, which I think we need to remember it's all for in the end!

Top stuff guys, looking forward to ordering a few copies when it's announced fully. :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Hey guys,

I posted a few pages back but didn't get a response, so I'm posting again. Did I make it in? I was a little late but seeing as there seem to be spaces left I presume my place hasn't been given away to the waiting list. It was my own fault for missing the deadline, but if someone could let me know if my image is going in or not I'd really appreciate it. Cheers!

Either way, thanks a million to the organisers for taking this on, the previous ones looked great!

I thought I replied to it. Yeah you're in.

I thought I replied to it. Yeah you're in.

Oh, maybe you did and I missed it. Anyway, cheers!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

If you are booking DCC for the 20th then it may be an idea to reserve some space at Devitts for the "debrief"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sorry if this has been answered, what about delivery for those who are abroad?

• Advertisement
Advertisement