Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEG on TV.

Options
  • 28-09-2010 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭

Eurosport are covering the main events. The team dressage is on tonight at 21.00.
    The Eventing starts Friday. The Cross Country is on Eurosport on Saturday at 16.00.
    We have a chance of a top 5 in the showjumping, which would qualify us for London 2012. That starts next Monday with the speed competition. The team competition is on Tuesday, on Eurosport at 14.45 and the second round at 19.30.
    Best of luck to all of our compeditiors.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Thanks for that, fin.

Unfortunately I don't have Eurosport, but hopefully all will go well for our competitiors out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

A few more WEG listings, pulled from this link: http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/whatsontv/396/55955.html

28 Septempter
    19.00 - BBC red button - WEG Team Dressage
    21.00 - Eurosport - WEG Team Dressage

29 September
    19.30 - BBC red button - WEG Dressage GP Special
    20.35 - Eurosport - WEG Dressage GP Special

30 September
    19.00 - Eurosport - WEG Individual Reining

1 October
    18.00 - Eurosport - WEG Individual Reining
    18.45 - Eurosport - WEG Eventing Dressage

2 October
    14.00 - BBC red button - WEG Eventing x-country
    16.00 - Eurosport - WEG Eventing x-country

3 October
    16.00 - BBC red button - WEG Eventing showjumping
    18.00 - Europsort - WEG Eventing showjumping

4 October
    13.00 - BBC 2 - WEG Eventing highlights

5 October
    14.45 - Eurosport - WEG Team Showjumping
    19.30 - Eurosport - WEG Team Showjumping

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

How come every second minute of sport on radio this weekend was golf and hardly a mention of the WEG???

How come every second minute of sport on radio this weekend was golf and hardly a mention of the WEG???

Because more people follow golf? Or probably because it's the Ryder Cup?

I don't know, but it's really annoying. They could at least give a brief mention of what's going on in Kentucky.

For anyone who's interested, the current standings for the eventing competition can be found here.

Best of the Irish is Sam Watson in 21st place, with Geoff Curran 2 places back in 23rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Agreed! I don't have eurosports and you have to pay to watch it on the internet :( would really like some feed back on what's happening!

sup_dude wrote: »
    Agreed! I don't have eurosports and you have to pay to watch it on the internet :( would really like some feed back on what's happening!

This site is the best one I've found, but unfortunately it only really focuses on the leaders with no mention of the Irish riders, apart from they're overall placings.

The HSI website also has some brief updates on the Irish team.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Would be interesting to compare the no. of golfers with the no. of riders. Could it be that the cigar-puffing fat cats might play golf?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭sleapy235

Looks like Ireland have blown their chances of Olympic qualification in the eventing, two very expensive showjumping rounds from Geoff Curran and Sam Watson.

• Advertisement

sleapy235 wrote: »
    Looks like Ireland have blown their chances of Olympic qualification in the eventing, two very expensive showjumping rounds from Geoff Curran and Sam Watson.

What happened? How 'expensive' were they? I know that Ireland had to keep their place on the leaderboard to qualify, but I don't know how many penalties they could afford to have without losing their place.

Mark Kyle had a good round with just 1 time penalty, Curran and Watson had 21 and 16 penalties respectively, which means the top positioned Belgian rider will need at least 10 penalties for Ireland to finish above Belgium, not likely I'd say

Clear round for the Belgian, Ireland will finish 7th, one place outside Olympic qualification, a real opportunity missed

That's such a pity

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Yeah, it's a pity, I thought we would be certainties after the Cross Country.
    A positive was the Irish bred horses that got medals.

finbarrk wrote: »
    A positive was the Irish bred horses that got medals.

Yeah, it's great to see that Irish bred horses are competing successfully. Hopefully it'll mean that Irish breeders will be able to sell more stock abroad, even though it's a great loss for Irish owners/riders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Well that was a disaster tonight. Finished 12th which means we can't even jump in the 2nd round of the team. Lynch was going well, clear up to the 4th last and then knocked 3 of the last 4. Lantius got headstrong.
    Twomey and O'Connor had good rounds, clear and 4. They are 13th and 16th in the individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

finbarrk wrote: »
    Well that was a disaster tonight. Finished 12th which means we can't even jump in the 2nd round of the team. Lynch was going well, clear up to the 4th last and then knocked 3 of the last 4. Lantius got headstrong.
    Twomey and O'Connor had good rounds, clear and 4. They are 13th and 16th in the individual.

Darn:(

Advertisement