Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Maps & Gametypes

Options
  • 28-09-2010 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭

I said id start a thread for people who are forgeing and wanna share their work with other boardsies.

Map Variant : Tower of Power

Base Map : Pinnacle

Gametype: Tower of Power

Base Gametype: Team Slayer

Players: 8+ recommended

Description:

Team Slayer, shotguns only, the key to winning is capturing the tower that has the machine gun turret. This is a classic gametype from Halo 2. Played on Pinnacle (Halo 2s Ascension) Fantastic fun if you have a lot of people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

Hi all. Take a look at my forge map, details, screenshots etc below. I put a lot of time & effort into it and would appreciate any constructive feedback you have.

It's called Stargazer. It's set on a forerunner scanning array, and is built with close quarter battles in mind as well as long range sharpshooting, but it really comes into it's own gameplay-wise when there are a few jetpacks being used in slayer type carnage. It's set around a grassy area (the quarry) with two 3-storey bases built into the back wall and a fair bit of ground and overhead cover. There are also several antennae towers, platforms, and one giant satellite dish set into the mountain that overlook the level and offer snipers some elevated but wide open positions.

The map also extends out over the ocean on 2 platforms that are suspended in the air and linked to the quarry/grassy area by bridges and man cannons. The platforms offer less cover and more vulnerability to long range fire as you move downwards toward some of the power weapons. The whole idea behind the map is multi level combat where you have to be aware of what's going on on several different elevations around you to play effectively. It's easy to get the drop on people on this map if they're not paying attention, especially if you're airborne.

There are quite a few key weapons on the map, but they're all set to respawn after a long delay, you take a risk to get to them, and their clips are not too full so as to allow them to be overpowererd (i hope). It's set up for slayer, headhunter, king of the hill, and oddball, and is designed for medium sized games of 3 or 4 players or more with a sweet spot of about 6 players in team or free for all games.

Let me know what you think. Constructive criticism or offers to playtest it in some custom games are always welcome.

Here's a link to a 1min youtube video slideshow of it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL96OR3TfT4

Here's a link to the file itself on my reach fileshare:
    http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=4120943&player=MackDaddi

Here's a pic:
    Screenshot.ashx?fid=3957186&size=medium

Advertisement