Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Font Advice

Options
  • 28-09-2010 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi.
    This is my first real post here but I want some opinions. I am getting a tattoo in memory of my grandad who passed away 15 years ago. My dad was never around so he took on that role to me and he was the most important man that was ever in my life! He was very musical and taught himself how to play the piano and the memories of being a kid and him playing his piano after Sunday dinner...

/coolstorybro.

Anyway. I am getting his epitaph tattooed on my forearm but I'm not sure which font to go with. I'd like some opinions. I've 7 tattoos of which only one actually mean anything to me. This tattoo will mean an awful lot so I want it to be perfect (I know, I know.. I waffle on a lot).

I don't want it to be overly fancy and loopy. I looked on google and here are some examples I like:

threeessentials_large.jpg

texttatoostattoohopemotivationphotograph-d0160cf5f89d66fb4a84284f33280928_h.jpg

ScriptandTattooLetteringDesigns.jpg

Be honest, too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Personally I like the lower case of type 3. It's neat, clear and spaced perfectly as not to have just one bit ream of black text on you.

But (I know you're going to hear this a lot) it's your choice in the end. Have you tried visiting any studios to see their script work?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 jodiebean

No. I live in Dundalk and there is only one artist up here that I know of. I get my tattoos done in Dublin and I haven't had a chance to get down and check it out yet. Is there any artists you would recommend for script tattoos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

3 then 1 and 2 a distant third.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

I like the 3rd example. Try dafont.com. It has loads of different writing styles, it might be helpful.

Advertisement