Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Boards Photobook 2010 Guidelines

• 28-09-2010 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭

Images must be submitted in landscape format. This is for ease of printing and also the layout of the book is landscape too. Images must be of high quality size wise as small pics may result in poor print. Also when submitting images can you name the pics as your boardsie username. This is just for ease of tracking people down and killing them!;)

When submitting an image you can email it to boardsphotobook2010 at gmail.com

Submit your real name, username, a very brief description of your image and the url of your site/photoblog.

Bob's your uncle.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

Can I just add that when you are editing and preparing your image for submission, please ensure that you save your image as;

Ideally, use JPEG Full Resolution, sRGB color space, 8 Bit That is what the Shakespeare software is optimized for.

We will also accept the following as an alternative to .jpeg (as long as they have a sRGB or RGB colour profile)
    • .TIFF (8 bit)
    • .gif
    • .PSD (flattened)

The image size should be no larger than 210x297mm with a resolution of 300dpi

Ta muchly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

bohsfan wrote: »
    The image size should be no larger than 210x297mm with a resolution of 300dpi

and what that means in real terms is an image no bigger than:
    3508 pixels X 2480 pixels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Photos are starting to come in now. Don't forget guys and gals. October 10th is the deadline. Keep them coming in as the sooner we get them in, the sooner the book is published.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

-1 for landscape images only. :(

Landscape format for the book. Portrait shots may be fitted in but bohsfan will have more on that. Fire him off an email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I kknow sfa about measurements cept the pixie ones!
    So which size Pixie would it be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Ok, I've been away for a bit. 2 quick questions: 1) - does it matter what the image is? I want to submit a portrait, is that ok? 2) Are we to pay before or after print, and who handles the dosh/payments?

Sorry, I did read the original thread ages back, but I would rather a simple 1, 2 on this as it's so close.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

1/ It's whatever you wish to submit. There has only ever been one image that a request was made to have it changed as it was not completely in line with a book supporting a children's charity.

2/ You must buy at least one copy of the book. The exact amount and will be worked out when we know how large the book is and any bulk discounts etc. We will have the services of Santa's Goons to collect the money. So far nobody has defaulted on payment and lived to tell about it.

DotOrg wrote: »
    and what that means in real terms is an image no bigger than:
    3508 pixels X 2480 pixels

While there is most certainly nothing unreal about setting guidelines for a print project in millimeters and dpi, thank you for working out the pixel equivalent.

artyeva wrote: »
    -1 for landscape images only. :(

Hi all,

You can submit portrait shots. However, the book is being printed in landscape format. This will mean that the landscape shots will take up a greater proportion of the page than the portrait shots. See the book from last year to see what I mean.

If you are fine with that then work away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

bohsfan wrote: »
    Hi all,

You can submit portrait shots. However, the book is being printed in landscape format. This will mean that the landscape shots will take up a greater proportion of the page than the portrait shots. See the book from last year to see what I mean.

If you are fine with that then work away!

cheers bohsfan. it makes no sense to limit to landscape only, i think. let peeps decide for themselves. it also makes for a more pleasant read, imho, to have a mixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mushypea007

Submitted my pic there but forgot to add the link to my photoblog

http://mushypea007.wordpress.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Gah! I submitted a landscape shot (didn't grumble or gripe - people doing this for nothing etc etc..) but really wanted a portrait one in. Is there a chance I could change?

My pics are up on pixie, what size do I send in?

I sent in the link/

My pics are up on pixie, what size do I send in?

If you have your original file from before uploading to any online host that would be preferable. If not send on the largest format from pix.ie and I will check that it is fine.

sineadw wrote: »
    Gah! I submitted a landscape shot (didn't grumble or gripe - people doing this for nothing etc etc..) but really wanted a portrait one in. Is there a chance I could change?

Of course, send on a replacement image. Just mention this in the email and I will change your old image in the library with your new one.

I really on't know what to submit :confused:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I had mine all chosen etc but then thought about the landscape/portait thing and read the OP again (properly).... Ngggh... I'll submit mine tomorrow if you dont mind as I need to pick a new one and its late here :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Image sent.
    Went with sport, surprise, surprise.

• Advertisement

City-Exile wrote: »
    Image sent.
    Went with sport, surprise, surprise.

Who are you? Do you belong here?? :p

Just over 1 hour to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

Mine is chugging it's way in to you for the last 20 minutes :(

Just so everyone that is submitting a pic is aware. You are submitting a pic and agreeing to buy 1 copy of the book. If you're not happy with this, then let myself, sNarah, ThOnda, bohsfan know. It has been the case for the past couple of years and no different with this years book.

I was up in Dublin today, and completely forgot today was the deadline, I see it's changed to midnight? I've just sent in an image, hope it gets in. Taken today, on the 10/10/10 coincidentally.

I will buy a copy so long as mine gets in there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ShaneM

Got a last minute replacement call-up for the book and my image has been sent in.

Looking forward to getting my copy of the book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

ShaneM wrote: »
    Got a last minute replacement call-up for the book and my image has been sent in.

Looking forward to getting my copy of the book.

Great to hear you will be in the book.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Closing & Unsticking this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement