Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath cost per sq ft

• 28-09-2010 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

What is a ball park figure for a builders finish 3000 sq ft (2 storey) house in meath. The foundations are laid already and the rest of the build awaits. Architects fees are already accounted. Geo thermal will be used and under floor heating on both floors if that helps. I will have it properly priced over the next day or so, but all help appreciated. A dublin based contractor is pricing me tomorrow. Any ideas? things i should note?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭JuniorB

As per all the other price to build threads, it's impossible to give any sort of ball park without a lot more detail. A std box type house will be a lot cheaper to build than a more complex designed house.
    If you are going for a decent enough finish work off €90- €100 per sq ft and you'll be there or there abouts so €280-€300k ish. Another €80-€100k to finish it off.
    Only way you will get a price on YOUR house is to send it to builders. i'd assume the locals would be cheaper than a Dublin based builder - less travel, lower overheads etc. Get 5/6 minimum to price it and you wont go too far wrong.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Thanks. The crowd in Dublin came highly recommended (even for outside Dublin jobs), but insisted of me getting costed by a QS of my choosing. They say it usually costs about €200 to get a QS to price everything and then they said they will knock about 10% off the cost of the labour quoted by the QS. What do you think about this approach? My brother is setting up a building company, but he won't be able to take this project on and he recommended these guys too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭JuniorB

goz83 wrote: »
    Thanks. The crowd in Dublin came highly recommended (even for outside Dublin jobs), but insisted of me getting costed by a QS of my choosing. They say it usually costs about €200 to get a QS to price everything and then they said they will knock about 10% off the cost of the labour quoted by the QS. What do you think about this approach? My brother is setting up a building company, but he won't be able to take this project on and he recommended these guys too.

It's good that they are coming recommended. Seems a weird way for them to price a job - saves them paying for a QS anyway! I'd get a few to price it - that's the only way that you'll be certain that you are getting it done for the best price.
    For e.g. one of the guys that quoted for ours has his own JCB so he had 0 in for groundwords - all the rest had a few grand in for it. He could do it himself and that gave him an edge/kept his price down.

Let us know how you get on anyway

Advertisement