Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left 4 Dead DLC: "The Sacrifice"

Options
  • 28-09-2010 3:16pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is nearly upon us (October 5th) and looks like a very worthwhile download, it is a a new prequl campaign to "The passing" called "The Sacrifice" available for both Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, telling the story of (The Passing
    Bills Death
    ) .

l4dx-inset-community.jpg

Left 4 Dead 2 owners also get the "No Mercy" campaign from the first game (Rooftop finale + Chargers = Interesting).

Cost will be 560 MS Points and free on steam as per usual.

Should give both game a fresh shot in the arm, just when I had largely kicked my L4D habit though :p, still have so many single player games to finish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

About bloody time they started doing offical ports of l4d1 maps to l4d2.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

It will be interesting playing No Mercy with the new special infected. The spitter will deter corner campers a bit and the charger and jockey will be nice on the 4th and 5th maps.

The trailer for the new campaign looks pretty good too http://www.l4d.com/sacrifice/

Anyone up for a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Sweet I love the No Mercy map!

Also Left 4 Dead 2 is also being officially released for Mac today too! No more emulation! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

OMFG !!!!

This is the best PC news I've had all year !!! :D:):D...words can't express my joy and thanks :D:)...I goddam love you Valve !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Damn i should have left my PC on this morning so it could have been downloading away on Steam.

Just watched the Trailer there epic stuff alright. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

DLC is out on PC now, 3.3 gigs for l4d2! 800 megs for l4d1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Elessar wrote: »
    Also Left 4 Dead 2 is also being officially released for Mac today too! No more emulation! :D

Huzzah!

I was hoping they'd do it in time for the DLC :)

Bah, servers getting hammered :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Huzzah!

I was hoping they'd do it in time for the DLC :)

Bah, servers getting hammered :(

Yeah @25kbps I'm having a major dial up internet nostalgia moment. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Just bought the bundle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Haven't bought any of the DLC. Played L4D2 a lot less than 1 (and I didn't pump hours into 1)...But why the hell did they
    kill Bill? He was one of the better characters
    !

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Bah, finally downloaded the 7 gig file and now it's running like absolute **** on my pretty high powered laptop :(

Will post on the Steam forums, see if any other Mac schmucks are dealing with an unplayable port!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

francis hates the new DLC, coz he's an xbox gamer and had to pay for it :P

francis hates the new DLC, coz he's an xbox gamer and had to pay for it :P

It's amusing that L4D2 plus the two DLC packs are currently cheaper on Steam at under 7 euro than the Sacrifice on Xbox Live!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Grendels

Does anyone know when The Sacrifice will actually be available on Xbox? The official L4D site just says it'll be "released later this evening [5 Oct] on the Xbox 360". No sign of it so far, though, not even this morning. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Looking forward to this one for awhile. The size of the download makes me think I won't be playing it tonight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Grendels wrote: »
    Does anyone know when The Sacrifice will actually be available on Xbox? The official L4D site just says it'll be "released later this evening [5 Oct] on the Xbox 360". No sign of it so far, though, not even this morning. :confused:

It's up on the marketplace site now. You have to go looking for it, click all downloads under left 4 dead 2 page.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802454108d4/

Advertisement