Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picnic in Portlaoise ?

Options
  • 28-09-2010 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'll be passing through Portlaoise in a few weeks enroute to Nenagh on a bike, and was wondering if there was anywhere nice for a picnic lunch; a lake or river or something. Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

The town park is a nice place for a picnic its on the timahoe road.If u didn't want to stray off the track too much I would say head into the comfort Inn Midway stop Toilets microwves etc for use with loads different food.If the weahter is decent plenty of green grass in there aswell to have a picnic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

Ditto.

That's really all there is in terms of decent or accessible sites in Portlaoise for a picnic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Thanks for the replies guys. Someone mentioned Emo Court on another post, with a cafe and grounds ..that sounds quite nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Emo Court is nice. Might be a bit out of your way. The Rock of Dunamase I think is a nice spot for a picnic.

Looking at a map Emo court may actually be closer as I'll be coming in from Monastrevin. Although the Rock of Dunamasse looks great. Might have to do the two :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

rocstar wrote: »
    Looking at a map Emo court may actually be closer as I'll be coming in from Monastrevin. Although the Rock of Dunamasse looks great. Might have to do the two :)
    Certainly Emo Court will not be a disappointment, but I wasn't sure if that was close to/on your route. The Rock of Dunamasse is worth a visit as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

The view from the Rock of Dunamaise is great and a lovely spot for a picnic on a nice day. Some limited shelter from the rain in the ruins but no toilets or anything.

Thats settled - I'll do the two. Thanks guys.

Advertisement