Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there a chance i could be pregnant??

• 28-09-2010 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,
    I am just looking for a bit of advice... i have been taking the pill for the last 4-5 years and have regularly got my period and can pin it down to within 2days of which im going to get it. The thing is i had an operation the first week in september and as a result i had to come off my pill 6weeks before this.
    Anyway my point is that my last period was the end of aug and i tought i should have been due it again a the end of last week.... i started getting dark discharge which i normally do a few days before hand but then it stopped again and nothing has happend at all now...i had few cramps aswel so i tought i would have got them but still nothing?
    Is there a chance that i could be pregnant? i feel silly asking or not knowing but im just so used to for the last 5 years of being able to tell to the exact day when im due them and now they are a little late and im not sure!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

I wouldnt worry to much if you used other protection, it can take a while for a period to regulate after coming off the pill, although saying that I did get pregnant when I was off mine for two weeks but I was TTC so didnt use extra protection

Anyway if you have worries why dont you take a test and put your mind at ease,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

If you've had unprotected sex, then yes you could be. Only way to know is to take a test!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I'd echo what CCL said. If you had sex there's some chance you're pregnant. Get a pee on a stick test kit down at your local chemist.

Advertisement