Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defective laptop battery

Options
  • 28-09-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭vandammaged

well at least u got some of the money back man,
    Luis21 wrote: »
    I recently had the mis-fiortune of buying a laptop battery online. I bought it from www.top-battery.co.uk. It turns out that although they have a nice Royal mail logo on their site and a .co.uk domain adddress, they do, in fact, operate out of China.

Anyway I ordered my battery and they sent me the wrong one. So I returned it and they sent me another one. They forgot to fill out the customs information properly and I was hit for import duty. Then, low and behold, the battery doesn't even work ! They ask me to return it and they will refund me.

So I went to Paypal to get my money back. They successfully got the original cost of the battery back for me but not the additional 22 Euro in postal costs/ import duties that I had to pay. Even though their warranty says they would refund any mistakes made by them they wont give me my money.

What can I do ?

Their domain crowd in the uk dont seem interested and Paypal feel they have done what they can.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement