Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agricultural Mechanic?

Options
  • 28-09-2010 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Hey guys just looking for help as regards college courses etc.

So I want to work in the area of agriculutural machinery, or to put it simply being a tractor mechanic or sales. It's not in the family so I can't just walk into the job. Could someone direct me as to what college/course could get me off the ground?

I'm new to this so any help at all is valued.
    Thanks in advance,
    13spanner

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭urban cowboy

A friend of mine qualified as a tractor mechanic. He completed an apprenticeship with FAS. Took him four years to complete. You will need to find a garage to hire you as an apprentice first. Each year, you will spend time working for your employer and then spend a few months in college. Each year of the apprenticeship your wages will increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

13spanner wrote: »
    Hey guys just looking for help as regards college courses etc.

So I want to work in the area of agriculutural machinery, or to put it simply being a tractor mechanic or sales. It's not in the family so I can't just walk into the job. Could someone direct me as to what college/course could get me off the ground?

I'm new to this so any help at all is valued.
    Thanks in advance,
    13spanner

Why not look at ag engineering in Tralee institute of technology

http://www.ittralee.ie/en/InformationAbout/Courses/EngineeringandConstructionStudies/AgriculturalManufacturingEngineering/TL650-HCinEngineeringAgriculturalEngineering/

Advertisement