Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelie Bin Cleaning?

Options
  • 28-09-2010 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Does this exist in Greystones? I know it does in alot of areas but havent heard of it round here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭caji

It can be arranged with your bin company. They take the bin away, clean it and bring it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cooper90

as far as i know there is a place under the coffee shop in the mariden center.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 James T

I am currently setting up a wheelie bin cleaning service for domestic and commercial bin cleaning, where we will come after your bin is collected, clean and disinfect your bin.
    Do you think €4 for one bin and €10 for all three is reasonable for a once off clean with the option for a monthly two monthly service at a better rate?

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cooper90

thats seems execlent value!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

That is great value, let me know when you start up!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Theres a Place up in Eden Gate SC dont know how much they charge though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

how necessary is it to clean a wheelie bin though? We've had the same bins for around 2 years, and whilst I wouldn't want to live in them, I haven't had to don a radiation suit to open the lid yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭amy1plus2

James T - hurry up and start!!! :) Having alot of nappies and their contents would mean by now I nearly need a pole to open my bin!!! Think that amount sounds good, I would probably only get them done once a month but will definitely use your service if and when it starts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Emma A

great idea count me in lets know your details when you are up and running

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

loyatemu wrote: »
    how necessary is it to clean a wheelie bin though? We've had the same bins for around 2 years, and whilst I wouldn't want to live in them, I haven't had to don a radiation suit to open the lid yet...

Very necessary. As we live in a mid terrace it isnt easy to hose the bin down, the bin also lives very close to our front door. After a couple of years the bin is starting to smell. We have tried all kinds of bin air freshners and powders to hide/mask any smells.

We would definatly sign up for bin cleaning however i am not sure how often we would need it doing after the first clean. I can only see it needing doing once every couple of months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Jimjay wrote: »
    Very necessary. As we live in a mid terrace it isnt easy to hose the bin down, the bin also lives very close to our front door.

fair point - ours are a good distance from the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cupatea

I would love if this service was available, have been promising myself that I will clean the bin every week for i dont know how long. Do you have a time frame for starting this service please?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 James T

Hey guys thanks for your view, in the process of setting up and getting equipment and products required approved, a lot of things (and costs) required I never thought of until I researched it.

How would €5 for once off bin clean, €12 for all three once off clean and €65 for all three cleaned 6 times a year which is only €3.61 per bin per clean.

Hope to be up and running by end of nov!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

It would be brilliant to have a service like that. My wheelie bins are next to the front door and are in desperate need of washing. The stench was horrendous during the summer. I was doing all sorts to mask the smell.

Thanks James T :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement