Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any requests for the Eurogamer Expo?

Options
  • 28-09-2010 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Hope the mods don't mind that I started a new thread about this, rather than use the Expo thread, but I didn't want anyone who was interested missing this.

Basically, since a few Boardsies are heading over to Earls Court on the weekend for the Eurogamer Expo, I was wondering if anyone who can't make it has any requests, such as games to look out for, questions to ask developers, etc.

If there's a load of requests, I can't guarantee I'll get them all done, but if some of the others who are going can do a few then we should be able to cover everything.

So, any requests (keep them clean!)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Get a look at early 2011 titles like Dead Space 2,Dragon Age 2,Crysis 2 & Gears of War 3 see how they play.I think their all there,its on the website anyway.Wish I could go but being Skint saving for Christmas and upcoming games & not having the time to go I can't.Its sold out now for the 3 days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The Old Republic! The Old Republic! The Old Republic! The Old Republic! The Old Republic! The Old Republic! The Old Republic! The Old Republic! The Old Republic!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Do it 9 times, or get 9 people to do it?

Both?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Find Tom Bramwell and punch him in the face. That is all!

• Advertisement

Agricola wrote:
    Find Tom Bramwell and punch him in the face. That is all!
    The guy who played the dad in Happy days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭vandammaged

where is it on ?
    humanji wrote: »
    Hope the mods don't mind that I started a new thread about this, rather than use the Expo thread, but I didn't want anyone who was interested missing this.

Basically, since a few Boardsies are heading over to Earls Court on the weekend for the Eurogamer Expo, I was wondering if anyone who can't make it has any requests, such as games to look out for, questions to ask developers, etc.

If there's a load of requests, I can't guarantee I'll get them all done, but if some of the others who are going can do a few then we should be able to cover everything.

So, any requests (keep them clean!)?

It's the Earls Court Expo centre in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Could you check out the Indie Game Arcade if you have the time and report on any promising games being shown? A guy I know has a game being shown there called 'Swimming Under Clouds', you should check it out.

Will you be going to any of the developer sessions?

Oh, also, Rock Band 3.

• Advertisement

GothPunk wrote: »
    Could you check out the Indie Game Arcade if you have the time and report on any promising games being shown? A guy I know has a game being shown there called 'Swimming Under Clouds', you should check it out.

Will you be going to any of the developer sessions?
    I'm going to try and spend most of my time in the Indie section. I'll have a look out for your mates game.

As for developer sessions, I'm going to try and make it in to Peter Molyneux (Fable 3), Jonathan Jacques Belletete (Deus Ex: Human Revolution), Tim Willits (RAGE) and possibly Matt Findley & Maxx Kaufman (Hunted: The Demon's Forge). Although, knowing my luck, they'll each be full by the time I get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'll be playing RB3, GoW3, MvC3 and any game that I can find a 3rd iteration of at this expo... ;)

As humanji said, suggestions are welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Speaking for myself, I'd rather you and anybody who covers it doesn't waste time on games that are nearly here ('Vania is released in a little over a week, but apparently will have a huge showing there)
    Focus on the cool **** that's coming out next year please!

Actually... Ignore what I just said and get as much info about NFS Hot Pursuit as possible!

I'll be playing RB3, GoW3, MvC3 and any game that I can find a 3rd iteration of at this expo... ;)

As humanji said, suggestions are welcome!

Well you've got Killzone 3, Fable 3, Assassin's Creed 3, and if you take Dead Space 2 away from Gran Tourismo 5, you should get something there too!

tman wrote: »
    Speaking for myself, I'd rather you and anybody who covers it doesn't waste time on games that are nearly here ('Vania is released in a little over a week, but apparently will have a huge showing there)
    Focus on the cool **** that's coming out next year please!

But then i'll just excited about games that i won't be able to play for ages. :(

humanji wrote: »
    Well you've got Killzone 3, Fable 3, Assassin's Creed 3, and if you take Dead Space 2 away from Gran Tourismo 5, you should get something there too!

Dead Turismo Space 3.... TM

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

If anyone sees me, feel free to say hi. I currently have darkish red hair now, an Irish accent somehow, and I'm not particularly tall (and am female). I'll likely be hanging out in groups of lads, as tends to happen at these things. Have fun guys!

koneko wrote: »
    If anyone sees me, feel free to say hi. I currently have darkish red hair now, an Irish accent somehow, and I'm not particularly tall (and am female). I'll likely be hanging out in groups of lads, as tends to happen at these things. Have fun guys!

I can see it now...

/walks up to darkish red haired girl with Irish accent.
    Are you Koneko?
    *strange look*
    Nope, guess not.

I don't think girls will be that rare at this thing, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Not particularly! Loads of us around.

koneko wrote: »
    Not particularly! Loads of us around.

Yet i can never seem to find any of you :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

Battlefield 3 plox

Almost there! If you see a guy in a blanka t-shirt, say hi... It's me :)

Right, Day One is over and done. I'll give more details at another time, I'm off to meet some folks. But before I go, a quick summary of the day.

On the floor, I got to try Crysis 2, but wasn't too pushed with it. It looks fantastic, but I don't like playing FPS's on console and wasn't particularly good at it. I'll give it a shot again tomorrow now that I've a better idea of what I've to do.

Didn't get to try Dead Space 2, but watched a good bit of it being played. It's pretty much just more of the same, but with tweeked graphics. Again, I'll try it tomorrow to see if it's any better than my first impression.

Swimming Under Clouds is a pretty cool Indie game. I was absolutely shocking at it, though. But it's a great idea and I can see it being really addictive.

Brink, Bulletstorm, Killzone 3 and Vanquish could all be the same game as far as I could tell. You're not given too long with them and so it's hard to really get a feel for any of them. And they all pretty much amount to the same thing.

Didn't get a shot at Fable 3, but it looks great. I'm not actually sure if I'll even try it, to be honest, as I'm looking forward to it and don't really fancy ruining part of the game for when I get stuck into it later.

Fallout: New Vegas isn't too bad at all. As you'd expect, it's pretty much the same as Fallout 3. But the starting location that I was heading around is a lot better looking in both it's layout and it's graphics. It's brighter then the original and has a great Western feel to it.

Motorstorm Apocalypse was available in stereoscopic 3D. It was a lot of fun and the 3D at times was brilliant. But it also got in the way at times when the 3D stopped working from time to time and you'd see two of everything, and be unable to see where you're going.

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit is brilliant. We were allowed to play the 4 on 4 multiplayer with 4 cops chasing 4 racers. I loved it. It's really fast and teaming up against racers, when you're the cops just feels so cool when you pull off a cool move.

But the star of the show so far for me was Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. I wasn't expecting much from it, but it was brilliant fun. There were 8 people playing each game and you're given a one of those other players to kill, while one of them is tasked to kill you. It was really frantic at times and there were hilarious moments where an assassin would kill a target, only to be killed by another assassin, who was then killed by another assassin. It looks and feels excellent and it's a definite day one purchase for me.

I only got to two sessions. Sadly, I missed Peter Molyneux, but I got to see Deus Ex in action. It was a playthrough of a section that's been shown in all the previews so far, but it still looks fantastic. I've a couple of videos of it that I'll try and post later.

And at the end of the day we got to see Rage which, to be honest, didn't impress me too much. It looks fantastic, but it just looks like a mix between Borderlands and Metro 2033, ie you drive from town to town killing any bandits and wildlife you see along the way (like Borderlands) and the various towns and gangs you come across each have a specifc style (like Metro 2033).

And we got a small demonstration from nVidia, showing off their 3D technology. I always thought of 3D gaming as a stupid gimmick, and after that I still think it's a stupid gimmick, but it looks f*cking cool!

Oh, and I don't know how anyone is going to recognise Koneko. Almost every girl I saw there had red hair, were short and were surrounded by guys.

I didn't get to meet any other Boardsies there (sorry Sabre, only got your message when I was getting ready to leave). But if anyone going tomorrow reads this, I'm tall and look like Gordon Freemen's put on a little weight, in a Velvet Revolver t-shirt. You'll know it's me if you hand me money and I accept it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

didnt see this thread and did my brief wrap up over on old thread :(

quickly got a look around tonight after college

Got to try 3D gran turismo and killzone 3. Not a fan of either series to begin with and 3D does nothing to improve my opinion of either.

it was pretty pointless on gran turismo adding nothing to the experiance and was noticable not on the sets that used the wheel etc set up.

Killzone 3 it was more apparant but was bloody annoying. Tilting your head in any direction just ruins the image as the colours all change etc. Which for me makes it unplayable as I tend to move my head abit.

As bad as 3D is most of the time for films its just so much more pointless on games from these experiances. Sure some details are highlighted, you hud and gun are more pronounced but because the experiance isnt scripted to the same extent as a film then much more of the time annoying background details stick out to you as you spin around. And I dont know why but it messed up the graphics on GT when cars got a certain distance from my car the textures got broken up by vertical lines. Kinda annoying.

The only game left for me to consider trying in 3D was starcraft 2 in the nividia booth only found it at the end.

Only other game I got a go of was GOW 3 with beast mode which was stupidly hard and clumbersome to control. yeah its cool getting to control monsters but it feels very much like toned down variants of the l4D horde and lack diversity.

It seems you can unlock better characters. But I was sucking at it so much that I never worked out how to unlock it. Also it wasnt in multiplayer. Only me on my own which made it harder.

Gonna give it another go on sunday for benefit of doubt.

Dance central was quite impressive I thought, mostly cause it seemed to pick up mistakes rather acurately. a Limb would flash red when it was done wrong, so you couldnt waggle your way through the moves ala some wii games. but I didnt get to try it or rock band 3. but intend to do both on sunday.

Slightly annoyed that games already on sale take up a chunk of floor, such as halo reach.

Advertisement