Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft exam 290

Options
  • 28-09-2010 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

HI,

i am looking for any brain dumps anyone may have , or good websites for microsoft 70-290 exam . thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Please read the forum charter, we do not allow the linking or recommendation of braindumps on this forum.

I am happy to leave the thread open if you would like to discuss any other concerns you might have about the exam or any particular areas you feel you might need help with that others might be able to assist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭mumfordandsons

yeah ok, didnt think would be so much hassle , fair enough then.

rules are rules i guess , bit strange i think.

brian dumps are simply questions!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

brain dumps are simply questions!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused::confused:

Yep, but whats the point in knowing the answer when you don't know the material that the answer is about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭CompFix

yeah ok, didnt think would be so much hassle , fair enough then.

rules are rules i guess , bit strange i think.

brian dumps are simply questions!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused::confused:

It's against Microsoft's rules as well, not just Boards.ie.

There's no point in just learning them off if you don't understand the material.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

NeoRox wrote: »
    Yep, but whats the point in knowing the answer when you don't know the material that the answer is about.

Yes, but maybe the OP does understand the material very well, but still wants to do practice questions before the exam to make sure they pass.. Everyone does this and I don't know anyone who has passed one of these IT certifications without going over exam questions beforehand. It happens in the Leaving Cert and College as well. As long as these companies keep charging big money to do these exams, of course people are going to want to do everything to make sure they pass first time.

Besides, I find these questions with explanations are sometimes the best way to learn.

Anyway just noticed its against the charter so no point arguing about it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭coolpix23

When I did the MS 70-270 (XP) exam I did the study and I used Transender.
    When I did the MS 70-290 (Server 2003) exam I did the study and I used Transender.

Yes when you to do an MS exam you have to agree to an non disclosure clause to stop 'brain dumps'.

What I found with Transender was yea you could call it 'brain dump' but if I got a question incorrect I'd go and read the explation and work out why!

I do agree with lots of posters that the 'Certification' thing is just a money scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭mumfordandsons

CompFix wrote: »
    It's against Microsoft's rules as well, not just Boards.ie.

There's no point in just learning them off if you don't understand the material.

well , go away . how cleaver are you. iam well aware. the reason i want them is so i pass test without having to pay fee again if i fail.

u should think before make silly judgements lads.
    i have studyed:p and done labs,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

well , go away . how cleaver are you. iam well aware. the reason i want them is so i pass test without having to pay fee again if i fail.

When you were at school, did you use braindumps for spelling tests too?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭coolpix23

what's the prob with brain dumps?

he's done the work

mm you did the leaving cert? you used, mm used notes for the plays and pomes and books? Cliff notes?

you sound soo American!

brain dumps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

coolpix23 wrote: »

mm you did the leaving cert? you used, mm used notes for the plays and pomes and books?

brain dumps?

The problem is going back to NT 4.0 when every question was available on the internet through brain dumps. Microsoft was certifying thousands of people who hadn't a clue about their products.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

mm you did the leaving cert? you used, mm used notes for the plays and pomes and books?

Ah, but those notes you made yourself...

poems.

he's done the work

mm you did the leaving cert? you used, mm used notes for the plays and pomes and books? Cliff notes?

you sound soo American!

brain dumps?

Looks like you shared the same braindumps while preparing for spelling tests :-)

You either want to be an expert or you don't.
    Its that simple.

EDIT :
    Anyway - this is a trivial exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I think maybe his English isn't his mother tongue.

I think brain dumps are fine. You might not have a clue about the material and pass. But sure that will show up when you start your job. If you can blagg your way through it, sure then you deserve the job :P

Sybex books come with exams, is that classed as a brain dump?

Nabber wrote: »
    I think maybe his English isn't his mother tongue.

I think brain dumps are fine. You might not have a clue about the material and pass. But sure that will show up when you start your job. If you can blagg your way through it, sure then you deserve the job :P

Sybex books come with exams, is that classed as a brain dump?

No way.
    Consider this - I achieve a particular certification after years of hard work and as a result I get rewarded with a 100K Salary and company car does that also mean that the OP is entitled to the same if he/she braindumps and exam, passes without knowing the technology and then gets through an interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Braindumps devalue the certs for the people who actually did the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

iRock wrote: »
    No way.
    Consider this - I achieve a particular certification after years of hard work and as a result I get rewarded with a 100K Salary and company car does that also mean that the OP is entitled to the same if he/she braindumps and exam, passes without knowing the technology and then gets through an interview?

I don't mean blagging his way through an interview. I mean the 3-6 month probation period.
    If he can blag his way through that then yes (He must know something to do that). He deserves the money. If the employer reckons he is good enough then it's none of our business and the employers loss.

I study for my exams. I study hard. But I spend about 4-6 hours on brain dumps before the test. Brain dumps are fine. I still don't know why so many people get on their high horse when it comes to brain dumps.

The test should be changed, not making brain dumps cheating.

Any multiple choice exam is a joke. You could guess and pass.

Nabber wrote: »

Any multiple choice exam is a joke. You could guess and pass.

Perhaps you could if you are taking Microsoft and Comptia exams.

My final words on this -
    Only you can decide what material you are going to use to prepare.
    If you choose the wrong material (even if nobody else knows) you will always wonder in the back of your mind if you are really as good as those other engineers and if you are worthy of the title.

Thanks for your opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Listen. Braindumps will push all vendors to go the VMWare route, which is bloody expensive.

You dont get the cert if you havent done the course.

Right now, Microsoft allows for those that work with their products day in, day out. Once they start having pre-requisite courses, its going to make it VERY expensive to become qualified.

Advertisement