Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Symbol for "Grace"

Options
  • 28-09-2010 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Guys, hoping you can help out here. I want to get a mono tattoo of a symbol for the word Grace (my daughter's name). I don't want chinese & would prefer something a little unusual.

Any tips on where to go looking ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

You could always try an ambigram of the word.

http://www.flipscript.com/ambigram-generator.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Thanks for that GarH, not quite what I was looking for though.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

Try checkoutmyink.com and see can you find anything on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Six months on, still looking, all I can find are religious symbols (which I absolutely don't want).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

It's a religious name what did you expect??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Why not use a Tengwar font.

Lord of the Rings writing.

Heres a few attached.Could do them Vertically for you if you wanted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Why not get a picture of a very graceful creature?

EDIT: Google translate threw this up for Grace in Hindi, though you may wanna check with someone who actually speaks Hindi to make sure it's the correct usage...

अनुग्रह

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DylanK

gen_boutons.php?text=%26%233906%3B%26%234018%3B%26%233909%3B%26%233962%3B%26%233851%3B&s=500&couleur=1

Grace in Tibetan. myself i have one on my inner wrist and it looks savage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

From a bit of internet reasearch(quiet day at work!!) there appears to be a symbolic link in Japanese culture with the cherry blossom tree and grace. It is a symbol of femininity. Personally I
    love tree tattoos. I have one of an oak tree on my upper arm. My son is called Darragh and I lliked the link with his name in irish and the tree.
    there are plenty of cool images on the net. i was hoping to find a real tree that meant something to me but in the end settled for an internet photo - it was easier to transfer to a tattoo. Its the only tat I have and I really love it - this might be an option for you if you are still looking?? Here is a cherry blossom....

4695615-single-blossoming-cherry-tree-in-spring-on-a-green-meadow.jpg

Advertisement