Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Help] USB flash drive not working

• 28-09-2010 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've a Medion 8GB flash drive that was working but has now stopped working. It worked fine on two separate computers and now it's not working ie. nothing happens when I plug it in and it's not in "My Computer". I've tried the google root and can't find anything that works. I tried the " go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management, on the left, Disk Management and activate the drive." option but when I go into Disk Mgmt there's no USB recognized there.

What happened was I was trying to play a video from the drive not the whole video just wanted to see what it was. After I was finished I got a little message in the taskbar that it was not recognized and it's not worked since.

Would anyone have any suggestions please?

Edit: With the USB device plugged in two either port it's not recognized in Device Manager. I've tried another USB stick and that is recognized in both computers....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

my friend got one of those in Aldi last year, and she said that the USB connection on it is very loose. the casing isn't strong at all, and eventually the computers stopped recognising it after 2/3 weeks as yours has done. i think it's not a good quality flash drive and normally Aldi are good for electronics.
    is there anything important on it? otherwise i'd go back to Aldi and ask for a refund. i don't know about getting any files off it if you need to though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

No nothing important on it and not bothered about getting the files back but I need to transfer files. I think it was bought in Laldi or something.

Thanks for your reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

not sure if they're still there but i got a SanDisk MicroCruzer in HMV last year. saw them a couple of months ago again. around €26 for 8gb. great little yoke, really robust. just have a shop around and go with a reliable brand and all should be grand :)

Medion is Aldi brand but you are entitled to a refund as all goods have a 2 year warranty if a fault develops that's not of your doing. bring your receipt and head back with it. don't give in to them until you've got your money :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

whiteman19 wrote: »
    not sure if they're still there but i got a SanDisk MicroCruzer in HMV last year. saw them a couple of months ago again. around €26 for 8gb. great little yoke, really robust. just have a shop around and go with a reliable brand and all should be grand :)

Medion is Aldi brand but you are entitled to a refund as all goods have a 2 year warranty if a fault develops that's not of your doing. bring your receipt and head back with it. don't give in to them until you've got your money :)

I am entitled to a refund, repair or replacement courtesy of the Sale of Goods and Supply act 1980. Feck warranties and guaranties. :cool:

Cheers btw. I suppose I just wanted the confirmation that someone else had problems with this piece of junk. It was refunded from a manager with little hassle.

Advertisement