Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Ban from AH

Options
  • 28-09-2010 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭

I can't even remember when it happened, or who the mod was but I got banned from AH. I had learned to live without that forum so haven't even thought about it until recently when I looked for the 'Post of the Day' and realised it was in AH so I couldn't access it.
    Can I be unbanned from AH?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

This isn't really a DRP issue, so I'm moving it to normal Helpdesk.

Looking through the logs, you were banned from AH in March 09 for 3 days, then in June 09 for 7 days, in August 09 for 14 days, in September 09 for 21 days, in November 09 for 1 month, which was cleared almost immediately, and then you were banned again 30 minutes later, this time permamently.

While I'm somewhat bemused that you can't remember this, I would suggest that if you want to appeal the ban, you should start by PMing the AH moderators, and try to convince them that you deserve a 7th chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Times were different back then, everybody got infracted

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

If you want to make the case to the mods on the basis that your 6 bannings were no different to what everyone else was doing....go right ahead.

From where I sit, you didn't get infracted. You got repeatedly banned. 6 times. In the final two, you picked up a ban, were warned that it'd be made permanent if you crossed the line again and did so within 30 minutes.

So honestly...if you want to make the case to the mods that this is what everyone was doing...go right ahead. It is, ultimately, going to be the mods of the forum you need to convince, not the admins of the site.

Advertisement