Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get an A1 in Higher Level Geography?

• 28-09-2010 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Firstly, I have never been a massive fan of the Leaving Cert Geography Course but I'm almost forcing myself to enjoy it so I can study effectively.
    I'm in 6th year at the moment.
    Anybody have any tips/advice/useful revision books that could ensure (along with loads of work of course) that I receive an A?
    Thank you :P

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Put time into your project, following the guidelines from last year's marking scheme (www.examinations.ie). A lot of people lose marks in it, you need a very specific number of points/diagrams etc. so make sure you have them all.

I'd advise learning more SRPs for questions than you need to know- it gives you wiggle room for forgetting some in the exam.

Stay up to date with volcanoes/hurricanes etc. They come up in the exam, and writing a few lines on them could pick you up SRPs that you never had to learn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Just learn off sample answers on everything you need. You have to be a class apart in Geo to get the A1 as many learn off sample answers and its marked on such a bell curve. I probably had enough material down for at least an A2 but I was happy getting with B2 because I know how much work others put into it and only got B1/A2's.
    And btw you dont need to keep up to date with eruptions/floods/earthquakes as they dont ask you specifically about them, they only use them as introductions to questions really. Like last year they had a picture of Haiti but they only had short questions on it, to which the answers were in the pic and the last was just general geo knowledge.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

THFC wrote: »
    And btw you dont need to keep up to date with eruptions/floods/earthquakes as they dont ask you specifically about them, they only use them as introductions to questions really. Like last year they had a picture of Haiti but they only had short questions on it, to which the answers were in the pic and the last was just general geo knowledge.
    It's not a must, but it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Sm4shbox

Thanks guys!

Advertisement