Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas cooker repair man needed

Options
  • 28-09-2010 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

I've been googling with no joy ! Trying to look for a gas cooker repair man on the northside. Hopefully someone can help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

I got the following guy, via Dimco, as my cooker was out of warranty:
    Niall Buckley Electrical
    Gas and Oil Service
    170 Santry Close
    Santry
    Dublin 9
    Phone 8428530

He installed a new circuit, as the fan on my New World cooker stopped working. Cost was EUR115 including call out.
    What I was impressed with was the fact he highlighted that the original guy + the kitchen company who installed the cooker when new, failed to put in some vents in the kick board at the bottom.
    As a result the heat was not circulating at the bottom, and caused a circuit to overheat and burn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

Rashers72 wrote: »
    Niall Buckley Electrical
    Gas and Oil Service
    170 Santry Close
    Santry
    Dublin 9
    Phone 8428530

He installed a new circuit, as the fan on my New World cooker stopped working. Cost was EUR115 including call out.
    What I was impressed with was the fact he highlighted that the original guy + the kitchen company who installed the cooker when new, failed to put in some vents in the kick board at the bottom.
    As a result the heat was not circulating at the bottom, and caused a circuit to overheat and burn out.

Brilliant ! Thanks for that :) Will give him a ring later on :p

He's going away on holidays for two weeks :(
    Rang some other person up but they were charging 75 euro call out fee !

Any other recommendations ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

got to laugh at the title of this thread, would you not use a woman? :p

dubmick wrote: »
    got to laugh at the title of this thread, would you not use a woman? :p

If you can find me a woman who can repair gas cookers I will gladly give her a call! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭onekeano

Rashers72 wrote: »
    Niall Buckley Electrical
    Gas and Oil Service
    170 Santry Close
    Santry
    Dublin 9
    Phone 8428530

I wouldn't touch this guy with a barge pole, I got his name from this link and tried to engage him. He is very difficult to contact, communication skills are lacking to say the least. His committments mean nothing and if you remind him a week later of something he committed to he hangs up the phone!!!!!

A waster based on my experience..... thought the Celtic Tiger had got rid of his ilk!!!

Roy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Sorry to hear that. I admit he was difficult to contact, but I assumed that was because he was driving when I rang him. His workmanship was good, so I can't complain about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lols

I have used this man over the last ten years, as he is local to my area. I have had no issues at all in terms of quality of work and promises. In fact, I think his work and quality has been extremely good, and he is always very reasonably priced.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi Lols, welcome to Boards. As a general rule we don't revive threads that haven't had any new posts in more than 6 months and this one is a couple of years old.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement