Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Partizan v Arsenal

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Dammit! We should be 1 up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Stupid play to give away to give away the penalty. While I think the decision was right I really wish referees could give a yellow to players for diving or feigning injuries without affecting their decision on the foul itself.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Very, Chamakh obviously watching Gerrard with a starfish that good.

I dunno, think the red was probably fair enough but as I said, I don't like how Chamakh went down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Chamakh definitely got a couple of kicks in the legs but the way he went down was very much exaggerated.

Poor miss from Arshavin. We should really go on to win it now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

If only Van Persie was made of the same stuff as Wilshere. He's being kicked around the place and is still going!

That'll do. :)

Yes!

Decent goal to make it 2-1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Great ball in by Rosicky, loved his celebration too, and well played by Chamakh, very strong!

• Advertisement

FFS I wish they'd stop staying down, just looks so ****in stupid.

amacachi wrote: »
    FFS I wish they'd stop staying down, just looks so ****in stupid.

A bit more protection from the ref wouldn't go amiss!

Squillachi scores his first Arsenal goal 3-1!

Toto :D

Great stuff. Looking good in this group now if we win the next home game!

Thank **** for that save.

• Advertisement

Fabianski to the rescue! Turning point in his career?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

You can tell Arsene's never headed a ball for real in his life from that little mime.

EDIT: See, Fabianski is world class! Can't fault him tonight really. Sod all to do but still...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Fabianski for NUMBER 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another pen, well saved Flap!

Jaysus he saved it! LOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

That was a super save.

He's a new man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

It's a turning point in the histroy of Arsenal F.C, Lukasz will know become a wall between the sticks leading us to the Champions League and Fa Cup, and eventually the league in 2012/13.

Do it in Stamford Bridge and I'll give him some credit!

That display has probably cemented his place in the first team for the forseeable...

(That is til he f*cks up again!)

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Well, I'd just like to say fair play to Fabianski. Hopefully he kicks on from there, had feck all to do until the final 5 minutes but saved the peno well and the shot near the end. Credit where credit is due and you could even see what it meant to him.

It's a massive IF, but if he kicks on from there we could see him fulfill his potential.

It's highly doubtful that we will though.

He'll play vs Chelsea anyways, Almunia will still have his mystery injury that he always gets after a mistake.

Up the Arse!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

x PyRo wrote: »
    Well, I'd just like to say fair play to Fabianski. Hopefully he kicks on from there, had feck all to do until the final 5 minutes but saved the peno well and the shot near the end. Credit where credit is due and you could even see what it meant to him.

It's a massive IF, but if he kicks on from there we could see him fulfill his potential.

It's highly doubtful that we will though.

He'll play vs Chelsea anyways, Almunia will still have his mystery injury that he always gets after a mistake.

Up the Arse!

:pac:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I doubt Wenger will risk Flaps against Chelsea. At the end of the day I'd still feel more comfortable with Al back for that game. Last weekend was unusual for him to be fair and he'd been one of our better players so far until then. Flaps rate of clangers is a lot higher than Al so I'd not risk him yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Delighted for Fabianski. Didn't really have a blinder but with the attention on him, a penalty save and not making a mistake means he emerges from the game with the aura some kind of mutant spawn of Dino Zoff and Lev Yashin.

Really though, have never seen him smile after 90 minutes before and all the squad were queuing up to pat him on the back. He's still not good enough and I'm still really not looking forward to having him in goal v Chelsea on the weekend but he's had a rotten time over the past year or so and it's nice to see him finally have a good night.

I doubt Wenger will risk Flaps against Chelsea. At the end of the day I'd still feel more comfortable with Al back for that game. Last weekend was unusual for him to be fair and he'd been one of our better players so far until then. Flaps rate of clangers is a lot higher than Al so I'd not risk him yet.

Really?

• Advertisement

L'prof wrote: »
    Really?

Yep. He's been good...until then...Also, his mistakes tend to be decisions rather than dropping the ball. Hey, he's not up to Arsenal standards but I still think he has a number of good games as well whereas Flaps game tonight was his best for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

He played well and looks alot better then manuel between the sticks at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

Yep. He's been good...until then...Also, his mistakes tend to be decisions rather than dropping the ball. Hey, he's not up to Arsenal standards but I still think he has a number of good games as well whereas Flaps game tonight was his best for years.

You can't be serious. This is the keeper who let in 2 goals at his near post in the 2006 champs league final and who hasn't improved one iota since then. He has never been good. Not this season, not last season, not ever. He is a sorry excuse for a goalkeeper.

You can't be serious. This is the keeper who let in 2 goals at his near post in the 2006 champs league final and who hasn't improved one iota since then. He has never been good. Not this season, not last season, not ever. He is a sorry excuse for a goalkeeper.

While I don't entirely agree, I'd be leaning towards how you see things!

Hey, I'm not saying Almunia is very good! I'm saying that I'd prefer him on Sunday than Flaps. Both are not good but it's a bigger risk to play Flaps on Sunday.

Hey, I'm not saying Almunia is good! I'm saying that I'd prefer him on Sunday than Flaps. Both are not good but it's a bigger risk to play Flaps on Sunday.

If I had to choose, I'd toss a coin and prolly side with Fabianski. One good game in the build up to the match is better than none!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

He might never have been good... but he hasn't always been that bad either.

You're going back four and a half years there to a point when he wasn't first choice. Season before last he was as good as most PL keepers as any Arsenal fan will tell you. It's tough judging a keeper you don't watch every week because all you see are mistakes but believe me, he was. Last year, not so great. This season was fine until Saturday, although you'd obviously fear for his confidence after that.

Anyway... he should still be our number 1 for now so he's the only show in town till at least January and quite possibly till the summer.

L'prof wrote: »
    One good game in the build up to the match is better than none!

Maybe so. Maybe so.

Hey, I'm not saying Almunia is very good! I'm saying that I'd prefer him on Sunday than Flaps. Both are not good but it's a bigger risk to play Flaps on Sunday.

After his display last weekend its hard to see how Almunia could be played against Chelsea. His already fragile confidence must be shattered beyond belief. I'd prefer Flapianski for Chelsea game. But Drogba is just going to bully us around anyway.................

• Advertisement

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Season before last he was as good as most PL keepers as any Arsenal fan will tell you.

Can't agree with this I'm afraid.............

Advertisement