Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox as Media Centre

• 28-09-2010 7:29pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

Normally I use my xbox to connect to a NAS to watch videos, normally it works perfectly but recently I've noticed that my Xbox isn't picking up on the media content and if I change content of the drive it doesn't always update when I view it, any ideas on how to make my Xbox update it more frequently.

For what's it worth the same thing happens when I connect to PCs that are shared through Media Centre

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I use TVersity on the PC and it has an option to refresh the folders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Yeah, TVersity is probably the best media server for the 360. It's free to download, simple to use and you can manually refresh the library or individual folders or files or have it automatically refresh every 24 hours at a time of your choosing.

I've been using TVersity for years now and find it brilliant. Even streams to my iPhone, other laptops around the house and it can also be set up to be accessed through a web browser with a password, if you want to access your media when away from your home network.

Hope this helps

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I know about TVersity, but I really don't want to use my laptop for it, I have a dedicated NAS for that. I think I solved it, the database on the NAS was over 100 megs in size which seems to have fried the Xbox, so I stopped indexing the music on it and it cut it down to 10 megs and it's all fine now

Advertisement