Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend Volunteer Work in Dungarvan

Options
  • 28-09-2010 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hey everyone,
    I'm a college student but am back in Dungarvan on weekends and was wondering about doing volunteer work on Saturdays and Sundays. I'm also be interested in getting a part-time job, but for the moment I'd like to get your view on volunteering in Dungarvan.
    There seems to be few places to volunteer, so what do you think of these options? They all seem good to me:

St Vincent's Hospital (not sure if they take volunteers)
    The retirement home beside it
    Riverside veterinary clinic (was there in TY for work-experience but again I'm not sure if they accept volunteers.
    Irish Wheelchair Association shop.
    St Vincent de Paul shop.

Can anybody think of any others or have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭deadman walking

been looking at this around dungarvan myself,what about animal welfare? i suppose it depends what you will and will not do:)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

been looking at this around dungarvan myself,what about animal welfare? i suppose it depends what you will and will not do:)

Cool. Are there any animal welfare societies in Dungarvan? It would be great to help animals, but the only place I can think of to do this is Riverside.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

theres a dog rescue place in dungarvan, the woman that runs it could always use a bit of help

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

tazwaz wrote: »
    theres a dog rescue place in dungarvan, the woman that runs it could always use a bit of help

That sounds good. Do you have any more info? What here name is, what part of town, phone number etc? Thanks.

EDIT: is this her? http://dungarvanrescue.org/index.html I will give her a ring. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭deadman walking

that was the lady i was going to tell you about but i just couldn't think of the name.you could also try contacting waterford animal rescue and asking them for contacts or places you could volunteer;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

ya, thats the place, she does fantastic work with very little funds!!
    let us know how you get on please

Advertisement