Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ND filter problem.

• 28-09-2010 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Looking for a bit of advice on filter as im getting a purple cast through out pic. Sample here...

EBCEE0F6BB8647FBB9319E7A06DA01E9-0000317370-0001945668-00800L-176B4ECA97B0429E85C9AE7BFB477963.jpg

Anybody else come across this or am i doing something wrong??
    This pic was shot with an ND4 and ND8 stop.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

is it a cokin? its a known problem with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Yeah Cokin are known to have a purple cast especially when stacked it is much more noticable.

Lee filters are more expensive but are suppoese to be worth the extra money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭DougL

If you're shooting in RAW, just adjust the white balance to correct it.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

Yeah its a cokin, Must get a 10stop so i wont have to always stack,also it was shot at around 3pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Easily corrected in lightroom. If you use that program, you could use a preset to correct on import, at least till you fork out on Lee or Singh or other.

129235.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

actually, i prefer the original...

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

Cheers for the help folks,the pic i posted up was untouched. I found myself converting to b&w. must mess around with PS to see what i get. yeah will be a while before i get Lee filters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,392 ✭✭✭✭phog

stabo wrote: »
    Cheers for the help folks,the pic i posted up was untouched. I found myself converting to b&w. must mess around with PS to see what i get. yeah will be a while before i get Lee filters.

Let me know what you come up with, I've the same problem when I stach some of my filters :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Use the photo filter in ps to remove colour casts - tutorial here:

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-editing/photo-filter/
    stabo wrote: »

Advertisement