Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you drink?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

mickman wrote: »
    some savage drink problems on this site and what makes it worse is that people think they dont have a problem.

give it up people. the life afterwards is ten times better than before

:eek:life after is ten times better:eek:
    What about waking up with a hound slobbering over your chest....wondering if you used a johnny and if it was any good
    Or looking dead cool slouched over the bar saying to your mate " I .... LOVE YEWWWWWWW" over and over about 10 times, till a boot takes your fancy before you ditch him to grin and drool over her.
    ah come on now:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

:eek:life after is ten times better:eek:
    What about waking up with a hound slobbering over your chest....wondering if you used a johnny and if it was any good
    Or looking dead cool slouched over the bar saying to your mate " I .... LOVE YEWWWWWWW" over and over about 10 times, till a boot takes your fancy before you ditch him to grin and drool over her.
    ah come on now:o

that life is for fools

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

well done

cheers. when i woke up in on top of a bus shelter on sunday morning my first thought was posting on it on here. my injuries are worn as a badge of honour!

cheers. when i woke up in on top of a bus shelter on sunday morning my first thought was posting on it on here. my injuries are worn as a badge of honour!

ur beyond sad

ur beyond sad

aw come on. don't be like that! maybe we could meet for a pint (you can have a shandy) and you'll see that i'm actually a nice person? drop me a PM if you fancy it.

• Advertisement

aw come on. don't be like that! maybe we could meet for a pint (you can have a shandy) and you'll see that i'm actually a nice person? drop me a PM if you fancy it.

i dont hang with alcoholics

i dont hang with alcoholics

But why is that exactly? Is it a lifestyle thing? Has someone you know given you reason to think that alcoholics are substandard human beings and should be treated differently? When someone is an obvious alcoholic, in your book, should they be publicly tarred and feathered? Also, did you know that there are probably a number of functioning alcoholics in your life right now and you don't know about it? If you found out about their alcoholism would you disown them?

We should discuss this along with life, love and the universe over a cold frosty Becks NA suds.

But why is that exactly? Is it a lifestyle thing? Has someone you know given you reason to think that alcoholics are substandard human beings and should be treated differently? When someone is an obvious alcoholic, in your book, should they be publicly tarred and feathered? Also, did you know that there are probably a number of functioning alcoholics in your life right now and you don't know about it? If you found out about their alcoholism would you disown them?

We should discuss this along with life, love and the universe over a cold frosty Becks NA suds.

i am very aware that there are functioning alcos in my work place. i have no problem with them as long as they dont breathe on me cos alcos stink of stale beer, bad health and general malaise

i dont think they are substandard in any way, they have just made a very bad decision in life (which is to drink too much alcochol on a regular basis)

i think whats most laughable is the way heavy drinkers say " go on the piss and live a little". going on the piss and suffering for hours the day after is not living

i am very aware that there are functioning alcos in my work place. i have no problem with them as long as they dont breathe on me cos alcos stink of stale beer, bad health and general malaise

i dont think they are substandard in any way, they have just made a very bad decision in life (which is to drink too much alcochol on a regular basis)

That's very unfair and generalist to alcos/drunks to say that their breath always stinks. The girl who sits beside me in work drinks 1-2 bottles of wine every weeknight and to my knowledge has never 'stunk' of drink.

In your book, how much is too much? If you found out that friends of yours were consuming over and above these limits you set yourself as being 'too much', would you decide that you can no longer 'hang' with them? Thousands of people in Ireland are functioning alcoholics, most likely a few who are close to you....so, perhaps it might be time better spent if you tried lending a hand to help them rather than being so judgemental. There's a good chap.

• Advertisement

That's very unfair and generalist to alcos/drunks to say that their breath always stinks. The girl who sits beside me in work drinks 1-2 bottles of wine every weeknight and to my knowledge has never 'stunk' of drink.

In your book, how much is too much? If you found out that friends of yours were consuming over and above these limits you set yourself as being 'too much', would you decide that you can no longer 'hang' with them? Thousands of people in Ireland are functioning alcoholics, most likely a few who are close to you....so, perhaps it might be time better spent if you tried lending a hand to help them rather than being so judgemental. There's a good chap.

why should i help someone who willingly drinks too much alcohol every night ?

i would only stop hanging with them if they were not doing their job correctly as i have said already. ur attention isnt great, prob all the beer you had last night

why should i help someone who willingly drinks too much alcohol every night ?

i would only stop hanging with them if they were not doing their job correctly as i have said already. ur attention isnt great, prob all the beer you had last night

Why would you give a fiddlers if they weren't doing their job correctly? Are you their boss or something? In regard to my attention, I think you said...

No mention of them doing their job correctly....just some ramblings about them breathing on you.

Now, now mickey the mickman blue eyes me auld segosha - who's attention isn't great now??

Why would you give a fiddlers if they weren't doing their job correctly? Are you their boss or something? In regard to my attention, I think you said...

No mention of them doing their job correctly....just some ramblings about them breathing on you.

Now, now mickey the mickman blue eyes me auld segosha - who's attention isn't great now??

enjoy all the poison tonight kid

enjoy all the poison tonight kid

Good man yourself Mick 'The MackDaddy' McMickerson. I'll raise a glass of the ol' poitin to you this fine evening.

Only shandy Mick would want of ya would be a hand one!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

i'll raise my bottle of spaten in your honour tonight timmy for you have given me a much needed laugh:D

mickman you have a point but we don't acknowledge it as we are being consumed by our consumption!

And remember lads, were not alcoholics, were drunks, Alcoholics go to meetings ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭treborflynn

6-10 pint bottles then bout 10 double vodkas, once or twice a week depending rarely 3 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I might go out a couple times a month and have about three or four pints and I might have a few bottles with the boyfriend during the week at home. I don't drink much though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

2 glasses of wine per month on average and the occassional thimble-full of liqueur. drunk.gif

thats not drinking!!! did you mean per night????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭treborflynn

Went out last night, had 9 pints of cider, and i'd say the best part of a litre of vodka before tryin to cycle home, needless to say....fell pretty hard of the bike twice, knees are all scraped, face was cut open and i think i broke my finger. Overall good night i'd say.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭baldymac

drank 20 bottles of heineken in 12 hours at home playing the PS3

usually i wud buy 20 an last a day and half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

i am a messy young fella so can never remember what i drink on a night out

but i at least have 8pints before moving on to the vodkas etc

i do be bananas and do be dyin and week for 2days afterwards:o

i must try and start drinking half responsible im coming 23 and it cant go on forever im gonna make a rule of 4pints max before 12am that way you cant get too bad by 2am its an idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

i am a messy young fella so can never remember what i drink on a night out

but i at least have 8pints before moving on to the vodkas etc

i do be bananas and do be dyin and week for 2days afterwards:o

i must try and start drinking half responsible im coming 23 and it cant go on forever im gonna make a rule of 4pints max before 12am that way you cant get too bad by 2am its an idea

Bad idea, get your drinking done before, not after.

I've found that if you say "i'll only have 4/5 pints in the next few hours" you can't really enjoy yourself. Try to work with the idea of "Okay, I'm a bit drunk, I'm buzzed, I'll relax a bit more".

Oh and try not to get too drunk one of the days on a night out; if you see how your mates are when they're drunk as you do be, you'll have a nice wake up call.
    IT might not make you drink a lot less, but it made me consider drinking less and I ended up spending a lot less money on a night out and don't feel hungover the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 busbrokers

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Had a half bottle of whisky and four cans last night. Didn't manage to make it into town,but woke up in bed this morning not knowing how I got there,with a huge cut on my forehead and I think I may have broke my wrist.

suggest you be very very careful..those the classic signs of an alcoholic. You might be storing up a lifetime of hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭PatsytheNazi

When I was a bricklayer more than 2 decades ago :o:) earning good money, I used ot drink at least 5 nights aweek, 2 of them would be late night into the wee hours of morning in a night club or whatever. Fact.

As well as holding down a job most of the time I was also between training ( 2 mostly but sometimes 3 nights) and playing Gaelic once a week !!!! Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭man.about.town

i am a classic binge drinker, once a week (rarely twice a week but it happens from time to time) out on the sauce, get bananas and have great craic. i wouldn't usually count what i drink but id say around 12 pints+ and a couple of shorts.

sometimes i would be dying the following day but usually i'm alright, usually before i go on a session, i try to do a long run (5 miles), i did 7.5 miles on friday before heading out on the beer, had an alka seltzer in the morning and i was fine for the rest of the day. it might be a placebo but if you do exercise before you go out, the next days not half as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 36 busbrokers

When I was a bricklayer more than 2 decades ago :o:) earning good money, I used ot drink at least 5 nights aweek, 2 of them would be late night into the wee hours of morning in a night club or whatever. Fact.

As well as holding down a job most of the time I was also between training ( 2 mostly but sometimes 3 nights) and playing Gaelic once a week !!!! Fact.

missing the point here. Are you saying that (a) you could handle a lot of booze(b) it did you no harm(c)you played as good if not better than the next guy(d) it didn't affect your job...looking forward to some clarification!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

on average were talking about 15 pints a wk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Normally 4 pints durin week, then on sat night about 7-8 pints and 5 shots. Go off for the odd drinkin weekend anywhere from 10-20 pints those nights

Advertisement