Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaming motherboards?

Options
  • 28-09-2010 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Im building a gaming pc and need a good gaming motherboard.will be playing high end games such as crysis. I've picked the Intel core I5 760 and a NVIDIA 460 graphic card.these are the main components

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I'd say pretty much any P55 board would do the trick.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Anything that's reliable and has the desired onboard features (decent onboard sound and maybe USB3 and, er, that's it :p). Having heatsinks over the VRMs is also nice if you intend on OCing your CPU a fair bit but its not vital unless you really want to go past 3.6GHz on a quad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Hi,thanks but please could you provide a link to the best H55 board for the job as I have zero knowledge when it comes to motherboards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Hi,thanks but please could you provide a link to the best H55 board for the job as I have zero knowledge when it comes to motherboards

Well if money's no object how about this?
    I use this one myself and I highly recommend it as a more sensible budget board.

Advertisement