Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does'nt bus connect with Dart.

Options
  • 28-09-2010 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

See this so many times, most recently half hour ago.
    Waiting at the station to collect people coming in on the Dart. Train arrives as does the bus (184 I think). Bus drops off a couple of passengers just as the doors of the station open to a large number of disembarking commuters.
    Cue the bus leaving, 10 seconds before 30-40 potential customers.
    I've lived and travelled in many European countries and this level of service would not be tolerated.
    Why do we accept it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ciaranpm

Looby Lou,

This isnt a new occurance in the DB timetable - It happens in Bray every day. Cue the 17:54 dart arrival on the far platform - 17:55 cue the departure of the 184 bus from the station - This is the start of the route - I brought this to the attention of DB in Dec 09 and got this PFO reply.

I highlighted that it is virtually impossible to get from the far platform to the bus stop in one minute. The same hassle is in greystones with those bloody narrow doors. Let me see a bus with 4 people or 44 people paying fares ........... tis a bit of a no brainer.

Maybe email the person below chances ares you will get no where but at least you can say you tried.

Dear Sir,

I wish to acknowledge and thank you for your email. I have logged this onto our customer feedback database and forwarded it to the Operations Manager in Donnybrook Depot. He is responsible for this service.

The Dublin Bus Network is under complete review. The Operations Manager has assured me that he will take your suggestion into consideration while reviewing this service and make any necessary adjustments to the timetable.

On behalf of Dublin Bus please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused to you and thank you for taking the time to write to us.

Kind Regards
    Jean Keating
    Public Affairs
    Dublin Bus

"As part of the continuing monitoring by Dublin Bus of how complaints are being dealt with under its Customer Charter and of customer's levels of satisfaction with the way such complaints are being dealt with, you may be contacted at a later date, to obtain your views on how you considered your complaint was dealt with by Dublin Bus."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I LOL'ed at the bit at the end... Your complaint hasn't been handled at all, merely shuffled along.

The 84x (16:45 from town) usually meets a Dart coming in at Greystones. It's always a source of amusement to see the rush the drivers are in to take off before the first few people get out of the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I do be sitting on that bus and it moves the bus along that bit quicker for me. Keep up the good work Mr. Bus Driver!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

loobylou wrote: »
    Why do we accept it?

Because it's Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Not quite as pronounced tonight, bus (84) arrived 18.18, Dart 18.21.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

because at a basic level all the CIE companies still see each other as competition rather than complimentary for some strange reason know only to senior IE / DB mgt.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

it's too complicated!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

old_aussie wrote: »
    Because it's Ireland
    My sentiments exactly, this is Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Ciaranpm wrote: »
    Looby Lou,

This isnt a new occurance in the DB timetable - It happens in Bray every day. Cue the 17:54 dart arrival on the far platform - 17:55 cue the departure of the 184 bus from the station - This is the start of the route - I brought this to the attention of DB in Dec 09 and got this PFO reply.

I highlighted that it is virtually impossible to get from the far platform to the bus stop in one minute. The same hassle is in greystones with those bloody narrow doors. Let me see a bus with 4 people or 44 people paying fares ........... tis a bit of a no brainer.

Maybe email the person below chances ares you will get no where but at least you can say you tried.

Dear Sir,

I wish to acknowledge and thank you for your email. I have logged this onto our customer feedback database and forwarded it to the Operations Manager in Donnybrook Depot. He is responsible for this service.

The Dublin Bus Network is under complete review. The Operations Manager has assured me that he will take your suggestion into consideration while reviewing this service and make any necessary adjustments to the timetable.

On behalf of Dublin Bus please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused to you and thank you for taking the time to write to us.

Kind Regards
    Jean Keating
    Public Affairs
    Dublin Bus

"As part of the continuing monitoring by Dublin Bus of how complaints are being dealt with under its Customer Charter and of customer's levels of satisfaction with the way such complaints are being dealt with, you may be contacted at a later date, to obtain your views on how you considered your complaint was dealt with by Dublin Bus."

Its the same answer everyone gets, sad really.

I LOL'ed at the bit at the end... Your complaint hasn't been handled at all, merely shuffled along.

The 84x (16:45 from town) usually meets a Dart coming in at Greystones. It's always a source of amusement to see the rush the drivers are in to take off before the first few people get out of the station.

Oddly enough i do remember being told many moons ago, only wait if your a dart feeder. Sure the last thing we want now is passengers!
    But from experience of being a bit of a tourist, if i get off a train at Wexford or steamer at lake Windermere ~ the lump of steel should be awaiting!
    Sure the NTA will sort this in phase 10.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Thats exactly how it was. The driver rushed away, probably because more passengers would mean more work for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

SickCert wrote: »
    Oddly enough i do remember being told many moons ago, only wait if your a dart feeder.

this isn't about waiting for a train to arrive, its about not driving off while there are crowds of people streaming out of the station.

Obviously the ideal would be if the bus connected with the Dart and vice versa but that would take a certain amount of co-ordination and a level of punctuality that neither DB nor IE are renowned for.

loyatemu wrote: »
    this isn't about waiting for a train to arrive, its about not driving off while there are crowds of people streaming out of the station.

Obviously the ideal would be if the bus connected with the Dart and vice versa but that would take a certain amount of co-ordination and a level of punctuality that neither DB nor IE are renowned for.

On the driving level we know this but higher, i sense more courses for crayon holders.
    Back in the IMP days of Bray, you see the train and give them a min or three. Modern days its every man for himself ~ no money in that.
    No comms between either group.

Intergration, eh?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

loobylou wrote: »
    See this so many times, most recently half hour ago.
    Waiting at the station to collect people coming in on the Dart. Train arrives as does the bus (184 I think). Bus drops off a couple of passengers just as the doors of the station open to a large number of disembarking commuters.
    Cue the bus leaving, 10 seconds before 30-40 potential customers.
    I've lived and travelled in many European countries and this level of service would not be tolerated.
    Why do we accept it?

I used to sit at the taxi rank and watch bus after bus leave as quick as possible before people could come out of the station. Its a joke. And before anyone says it, i never enjoyed getting jobs from it. :)

Advertisement