Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Benefits enquiry

• 28-09-2010 9:15pm

Hi,

I've checked the citizens information site, and thought I would qualify for assistance. I work a 17 hour contract at less than 10 per hour, am 24, and pay rent while living with two friends in Maynooth. However, the citizens information centre guy in Maynooth was really unhelpful, he didnt seem to know the ins and outs and dismissed me saying, "it's not worth applying, you prob won't get it and they take ages to process".
    I am scraping by at this stage and can barely afford new feckin clothes, it's embarrassing.
    So I've come to the haven of this place to seek advice, does anyone know what I am entitled to?

Really appreciate any help...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Hi

Look on here http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/JobseekerSupports/JobseekersAllowance/Pages/ja.aspx under Job Seekers Benfit and Job Seekers Allowance.

AFIK as long as you have some days in the week with no work you are entitled to make a claim. you may also qualify under casual work.

If you are satisfied that you qualify, based on the info from the link above, print that out and take it with you to social office in maynooth. They are a sub-office there, and, if you've been in, you'll know how busy they are. Hold your ground with them.

N.B. when filling out the application form, always tick the Full Time work option to the qs "what type of work are you looking for", otherwise they will not even bother with you.

Once you've put in a claim and it is being processed find out who your community welfare officer is and visit him/her. If you are entiled to anything s/he will arrange a payment for you while your social welfare claim is being assesed. You will also have to bring the same documentation with you that the social ask for, so either get two of each or ask the social to photocopy the originals and give them back.

Good luck!;)

Before someone starts making sarky comments about how well I know the system (there's always someone) I studied this at uni, thats how I know how it works.

Advertisement