Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a "stain" available for exterior concrete ?

• 28-09-2010 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Hello ,I'm looking for something other than paint for exterior ground and walls.
    I was hoping there was some sort of stain for concrete ,rather than paint.

Am I clutching at straws ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Only thing I can think of, is dye, but thats no use if the paths are already in. What are you trying to achieve, something more hard wearing than paint or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Hell Toupee

Heres one - not sure if it's what your after:
    http://www.colourstone.ie/staincrete.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Davy wrote: »
    Only thing I can think of, is dye, but thats no use if the paths are already in. What are you trying to achieve, something more hard wearing than paint or what?

Basically ,it's out the back garden where work was done ,there was finishes at different stages and the concrete and cement are different colours.
    I thought if there was something like a stain ,it would hide the different finishes.

I was thinking of just washing everything down with wet cement ,but don't want to make a complete mess of things.

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    Basically ,it's out the back garden where work was done ,there was finishes at different stages and the concrete and cement are different colours.
    I thought if there was something like a stain ,it would hide the different finishes.

I was thinking of just washing everything down with wet cement ,but don't want to make a complete mess of things.

Well thats not a total bad idea, do like a sand and cement light screed, and add a dye to it. I was thinking maybe a special paint would work, like anti skid etc. They are think and would remove the shading problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Davy wrote: »
    Well thats not a total bad idea, do like a sand and cement light screed, and add a dye to it. I was thinking maybe a special paint would work, like anti skid etc. They are think and would remove the shading problem

Thanks Davy ,I did look at paints for walk areas ,but they all seem to be black or red etc.
    My plan was to do something more subtle ,so I'll probably go with the sand and cement thing.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

You can get other colours, grey is quite common. It doesn't look that great in my own personal opinion if its your own garden, but do check it out and see what you think.

Advertisement