Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality of UPC in the Blanchardstown area

• 28-09-2010 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

After 2 years of sub standard broadband from eircom I'm about to switch over to UPC tomorrow. I'm hoping to get the 15mb package.

I'm looking for some info off any people in the blanch region who are using UPC as their net service provider. Is it more reliable than eircom in a sense that does people's connections drop suddenly or online console gaming is patchy. Just want to get some feedback before i switch.

Thanks

Comments

I live in Blanch and got UPC 15Mb installed recently. Speeds are goood 90% of the time and I havent been disconnected at all yet. Its great for online gaming (I play xbox live). Pings are normally 7-13ms for me.

Im in college now so cant post speedtest, but will sometime in the near future ;)

IMO UPC > Eircom!!

Get UPC!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

I'm in a similar boat to the OP.

LaughingJoker91,
    1. Has there been even any outages on your connection?
    2. How long have you been recently installed?
    3. Was your house recently cable upgraded? I'm asking this as D15 has been historically a bit of a black spot for UPC service uptime.
    Thanks,
    LK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

I'm just beside blanch in clonsilla and UPC has been excellent for me. The odd interruption in service here and there, but overall i've been pretty happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

30 mb in castaheany near blanch

Works great...

LeperKing wrote: »
    I'm in a similar boat to the OP.

LaughingJoker91,
    1. Has there been even any outages on your connection?
    2. How long have you been recently installed?
    3. Was your house recently cable upgraded? I'm asking this as D15 has been historically a bit of a black spot for UPC service uptime.
    Thanks,
    LK

1. No I have had no outages.

2. I had installed on 3/Sep/2010.

3. Yes infact, the first day I was able to get broadband (When Sierra finished, 31 Aug.) I ordered it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I'm in the Roselawn area of Blanch.

I had intermittent disconnections of up to 30 times a day for almost 3 years. 67 tickets for the same issue, with over 230 calls made for those tickets.

The only reason I stuck with it is because I don't do much online gaming, and I don't pay for it.

Last tuesday there was some kind of mass outage in the area which they fixed in a few hours. Ever since then, I've had no problems. Typical...my issue got fixed by accident after all this time!

Some observations:
    Support desk is staffed with mostly helpful and intelligent. There are a few exceptionally unhelpful people though who blatantly lie and make false promises.
    The engineers have become much much better in the last year (they turn up on a right days now).
    Nobody in UPC Support Desk seems able to call back customers at the promised time though.
    Speeds are generally very good, even at peak times. I usually download 700-800mb files within a few mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

If you read the here on the dublin 15 forum you will see a lot of people having problems so be carefull.

Advertisement