Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ladies (or gents) - recommenations on tights

• 28-09-2010 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

My girlfriend is looking to get some tights for the winter. she is definetly not a fan of the cold temperature so the warmer the better. I have lots of dhb bib tights myself but they only have 3/4 length available in padded version for ladies at the moment. thanks in advance.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Can't speak for the ladies version, but if the budget stretches far enough, you can't go far wrong with the Assos winter tights. These use the Assos 851 fabric, which is very cosy (I used the men's equivalent in temperatures down to less than -10 Centigrade last winter)

assos-wmn-uma-ll-bbtght-09-med.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Beasty wrote: »
    Can't speak for the ladies version, but if the budget stretches far enough, you can't go far wrong with the Assos winter tights. These use the Assos 851 fabric, which is very cosy (I used the men's equivalent in temperatures down to less than -10 Centigrade last winter)

assosfiladys5ty7.jpg&t=1

You just wanted to put up a picture of Assos girl :p

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

Both my tights are from Decathlon and are very good. The 3/4 set I have worn twice a week for the past 2 years and are still going strong. The longer fleecy one is strictly for very cold winter night riding but might be good on the road also. If you are heading up to Belfast they have a new store and would highly recommend their stuff.

If not, CRC have a good selection of ladies tights. I would recommend the Cannondale and Endura ones just from using those brands for other items.

If you have a look through the other online UK sites (Evans Cyclestore) you can find bargains this time of year aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I wear Gore tights, I have a couple of pairs and they're very good. I was wearing them for the 1st time this winter last sunday ... meh ... They're 25% off at the moment. I am gutted as I ordered a pair last week at just 10% off .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I'm using Endura Thermolite 3/4 tights and very happy with them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement