Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Working Class Heroes 2010

Options
  • 28-09-2010 10:38pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Second year in a row for me to go, had so much fun last year :D Loads of bands I'm looking forward to seeing.

The industry panels this year seem a bit more "user friendly" compared to last year, if that makes sense? I really enjoyed them last year, they were very business/industry based, but were very poorly attended.

Anyone heading along this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

You knows it.. Looking forward to it but sickened that it's moved from Fri-Sun to Thurs-Sat.
    If I manage to get my free pass Friday I will try see Planet Parade & Sweet Jane. Not sure what else is on that night (hurry up and announce a time table). Might have to miss everything and see a friend's band somewhere, not part of the festival.

Edit: Schedule is now out so I've my eye on a few things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Might go, enjoyed it a lot last year, but other things going on that weekend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭endac1

Looking forward to it but sickened that it's moved from Fri-Sun to Thurs-Sat.

Acutally think thats a great move. Sunday last year was pretty much a write off with venues half-empty all over the city.

Its a great buzz legging it round the place getting to different gigs although I did like that year it was all in the POD complex but seems to me like a lot less promotion went into it this year.

The Saturday in the Workmans club looks to be the best line-up imo.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Not a fan of it being Thurs-Sat either. I have to go on Thursday straight from college, and can't stay out too late as I have lectures from 9 on Friday morning :(

So excited though, had a ball last year, like you were saying endac1, legging between venues and all that. I was so wrecked, but happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Mr.S wrote: »
    is there anychance of getting into a single gig by just showing up at the door on the night/paying a reduced fee?

Only want to see 2 bands and paying for a full price ticket doesn't seem worth it :pac:

I know people who tried it last year and failed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement