Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eye patches for adults in galway

Options
  • 28-09-2010 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

can some one tell me where i could get eye patch for an adult who wears glasses, poor man of mine has bells pasley since sunday , his eye wont close properly so he has to protect it from wind and grit when he goes outside, as i said he has glasses so the patch would have to attach to them , cloth one would be ideal, we hope to get one in galway tomorrow, ive same posted in the forum for eyecare and sunglasses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I assume that any major optician would have them.
    Usually it's quickest to just ring them all and ask before driving in.
    http://www.goldenpages.ie/search/galway/optician.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

They don't have them in opticians. I needed one for a film and they didn't anyway. Go to a pharmacy, they are about 4 quid if I remember correctly and come in white or black.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Actually thanks for this..my little 2 year old Niece has to get a patch for her eye as she might be developing a lazy eye. I might pick one up for myself so she doesn't look like a pirate all on her own :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yeah a pharmacy will have them.

Hope your Man is feeling better soon, it's a terrible dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Actually thanks for this..my little 2 year old Niece has to get a patch for her eye as she might be developing a lazy eye. I might pick one up for myself so she doesn't look like a pirate all on her own :D

If you want to wear it for anything except five minutes, it might be worth checking with a doctor/optician if there could be any consequences for you in wearing one.

People asking about where to get medical devices without having taken professional advice about where/how/etc always makes me uncomfortable ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Dr McManus

JustMary wrote: »
    If you want to wear it for anything except five minutes, it might be worth checking with a doctor/optician if there could be any consequences for you in wearing one.

People asking about where to get medical devices without having taken professional advice about where/how/etc always makes me uncomfortable ...

No consequence in wearing an eye patch.

No medical advice please, even though it's probably fine for occasional wear.
    Best talk to a professional first and get a patch recommended in case it can somehow worsen the condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Dr McManus wrote: »
    No consequence in wearing an eye patch.
    Mc Manus is a Dr ! Look at the username :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The pharmacist will be able to give the appropriate advice I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I'd imagine the Homecare medical supplies shop in Terryland would be able to help too if you can't get any information in the opticians or pharmacy.

http://www.homecaremedicalsupplies.ie/default.asp?

• Advertisement

Hmm, getting an idea for Halloween now
    20100209_escape_560x375.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

now guys we went into city and got a patch in the chemist next to browm thomas, they have loads of them in the chemist next to supermax for kids,, forget about the optitions having them not a hope, why do pirates have eye patches, .............................................................................cos they aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrvve to.......mr catslife said he can feel tingleing in his side of the affected face today which means he could be getting back the feeling sooner than he thought.

Hopefully he'll have a speedy recovery, otherwise I might have competition for coolest dress on Halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

biko wrote: »
    Hopefully he'll have a speedy recovery, otherwise I might have competition for coolest dress on Halloween.
    thanks biko, you will have no problem for fancey dress. it will be in the bin when he is finished with his patch;)

Advertisement