Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Met Society Lecture + Photography Competition

Options
  • 28-09-2010 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Lecture reminder:

"Up, Up & Away - Meteorology for Hot Air & Gas Balloons" by Claude Sales, Head of the Luxembourg Met Service
    When: 6.15pm Thursday September 30th
    Where: Conference Room, Custom House Dublin
    Email info@irishmetsociety.org to book a place (free to attend)

Photography Competition:

Closing date Thursday Sept 30th
    See www.irishmetsociety.org for details

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

It was an excellent talk this evening, very interesting and some great aerial photos!

Well done on getting someone like Claude to give the talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭IrishMetSoc

I'm glad you enjoyed it Su Campu - I thought it was excellent too with great slides - I'm going to get a copy of these - we will put them on our members' site.. Aidan Nulty's lecture is next!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Gonna join for the next lecture

looking forward to it :)

That's great - if you like you can pm me your email address and I can add you to our list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Wouldn't mind seeing Aidan Nulty giving a talk. Is the lecture in Dublin?

• Advertisement

Yip it'll be on in the Custom House at 6.15pm on Nov 11th. I'm really looking fwd to it:)

The evening will begin with an interview format, with Gerald Fleming, Head of Forecasting Met Éireann acting as the interviewer. Following this, the audience will get their turn to quiz Dr Aidan Nulty on his 30 years of Forecasting. This will be the first time that the Irish Met Society will host an interview type lecture.

Advertisement