Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any powerlifting/bodybuilding gyms in sligo?

Options
  • 28-09-2010 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

Hi Ive posted this in the fitness section too just to cover all bases-my problem is my gyms closing down on friday and from what I hear it leaves me with no similar alternative gym.
    All Im looking for is something with the basics-a squat rack, a bench press and a decent amount of weight (+200kg). tomorrow Im visting some places but from what I hear places are all machines and cardio equipment.
    If anyone knows of anywhere Id be so so grateful-thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'm afraid not, the last decent gym with a fair selection of free weights was better Bodies. That's closed a good few years now, one or two places have a Smith Machines. Of course you'd be beter off staying clear of a SM especially for squats. Chest work on the SM isn't much better, as you probably know. You can't beat the all round development and benefits of free weight training. So if you got the space at home, you might have to put a few bits and pieces together for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

yeah I know what you mean about smith machines, ive had to soldier on with them the last few years out of having no alternative. yeah if I had the space Id definitely go down the home gym route but I dont :(
    Indeed if anyone was interested in doing a DIY gym if they had the space Id have some of the gear to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

The mercy college gym 0719146553 has a decent selection. Dumbells up to 35s or 40s with plenty of plates. Not a massive amount of space for the free weights but its a pretty good set up.

The riverside gym is well set up for weights too and worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Riverside is the 1 thats closing-cheers though ill go in to the mercy today and have a look!

Advertisement