Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

middle eastern shop?

Options
  • 28-09-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there is a shop in galway that sells middle eastern foods? I want to make falafel & I'd love to have some pickled turnip (the pink ones, if you know them) to go with!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Opposite McDonalds near Westside Shopping Centre there's a small line of shops,one of which is called Meditteranean Foods.They should have what you're looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Fantastic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

If they don't have it, there's a similar shop beside Aldi, just across the road from the Mediterranean shop. It's called Aroma Foods, and is the last one on the row. It's a bit bigger than the first one, so might be more likely to stock what you're looking for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Med. foods also sell chicken at €7 per kg, which is pretty good. If you're that side of town it's the cheapeast you'll get. Only place in town cheaper is the meat market in terryland.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

+1 for Aroma. They're lovely and helpful too. I made falafel last night with their chick peas and tahini :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Aye, you can't go wrong with Mediterranean Foods and Aroma.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭bloo

Aroma and Mediterranean food store do the packet mix, and so do evergreen health store as far as i can remember, but i do hope youll be making them from scratch, its so easy and they sell all the ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Thanks all, I never heard of Aroma til now. Will check it out.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

bloo wrote: »
    Aroma and Mediterranean food store do the packet mix, and so do evergreen health store as far as i can remember, but i do hope youll be making them from scratch, its so easy and they sell all the ingredients.

I didn't even realise there was a mix :P

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Fiddlesnap

lol, you guys!

• Advertisement
Advertisement