Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabbit

Options
  • 29-09-2010 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

I just picked up a rabbit. It's a pet but not at all tame. I'm just wondering how it should spend the night. Currently it's in a cat carrier with straw and some water, in the dark bathroom. It's hiding under the straw at the back of the carrier with it's eyes closed.

I know nothing about rabbits. Will it be ok in the carrier until morning (it's leaving me at about 6am)? She was very hard to get into it in the first place and caused a few scratches so if I let her out I'd worry about not getting her back in. If I was to let her out it would only be in the bathroom anyway.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Whispered wrote: »
    I just picked up a rabbit. It's a pet but not at all tame. I'm just wondering how it should spend the night. Currently it's in a cat carrier with straw and some water, in the dark bathroom. It's hiding under the straw at the back of the carrier with it's eyes closed.

I know nothing about rabbits. Will it be ok in the carrier until morning (it's leaving me at about 6am)? She was very hard to get into it in the first place and caused a few scratches so if I let her out I'd worry about not getting her back in. If I was to let her out it would only be in the bathroom anyway.

Any help appreciated.

You sure it's not just a wild rabbit that's sort of gone rigid wit fear? I think they sometimes do that?

I'd say keep it in the box, unless of course it wants a bath

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

oh no it's a pet, well, it's not wild but hasn't had too much human interaction. I know her previous owners and just holding her overnight before she goes elsewhere.

Hope she's not too afraid. It's probably best to leave her where she is alright, she wouldn't be used to being indoors.

I might offer her a bubble bath, could help her relax :pac:

Advertisement