Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to have a birthday party?

Options
  • 29-09-2010 4:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

I'm having a birthday party in Dublin in a couple of weeks and have been informed I'd better actually organise something. I've been to parties in the Turk's Head where the music was wayyy too loud and in SIN, it was just an atrociously poor time. We're all in our early 20s.

Ideally I'd like just a normal bar where maybe 30/40 of us could turn up at 11:30pm and get in no problem. I don't want an exclusive area or anything. I never like when parties section me away from non party people. My favourite bar is probably Whelan's but I'd be afraid it'd be too packed when we'd try to get in.

Where would people suggest that would be fairly busy on a Saturday night, but would let 30 people in, if we said we were intending to go there. Is that too much to ask? I'd also like if the music was good. Anywhere like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

You could try Messrs Maguire maybe? They will let you reserve a table in the main area, so you can be sure of seats, but won't be away from the action. It's fairly popular for that sorta thing.

Advertisement