Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Fourm Cinema Club. The Inbetweeners, Thursday, 18th, 19.10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Ellie1984 wrote: »
    Nah boy, got too many people saying it didnt live up to their expectations...guess i'll wait for the dvd. Thanks anyway :)

Film critics can be wrong, ive seen a few films that got good reviews and thought they were awful.
    For example, I didnt like The Pirates Of The Carribbean films, just not my thing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

STIG83 wrote: »
    Film critics can be wrong, ive seen a few films that got good reviews and thought they were awful.
    For example, I didnt like The Pirates Of The Carribbean films, just not my thing at all.

They were all panned by the critics bar the first one but you make a point. A film called "the boondock saints" is one of my fav films every made and it was a major flop and I'd say it didn't get a good review when it came out.

In any event I'm going to see the Hangover this week myself.

ziedth wrote: »
    They were all panned by the critics bar the first one but you make a point. A film called "the boondock saints" is one of my fav films every made and it was a major flop and I'd say it didn't get a good review when it came out.

In any event I'm going to see the Hangover this week myself.
    You weren't able to go last night?

Got my free tickets from Entertainment.ie in the post today, it's was nice to get them but one catch though, there is a list of cinemas on it of where the tickets can be used, Waterford is not even on it, closest is Clonmel or Kilkenny.

Are we due for another one?

• Advertisement

Must do. Couple of good ones coming up, I went to see x-men yesterday and it showed an ad for the guard which is out soon enough. Looked very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Must do. Couple of good ones coming up, I went to see x-men yesterday and it showed an ad for the guard which is out soon enough. Looked very good.

Yeah I definitely want to see The Guard. It's apparently going down well on the festival circuit. The week after the tall ships is the next time it's good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I propose The Guard then for when it comes out.

Sounds good to me. Think it's out the Friday after the Tall Ships 8th of Jully. We could even go for a few pints after it.

Looks like ill be missing this one, going to the States on the 7th, enjoy lads :)

• Advertisement

Anybody wanna catch Transformers next week? I was gonna leave it off but word is the 3D is better then Avatar so I'm curious.

I'd be on for Transformers.

The Transformers 3D might be better than Avatar, but Jackass 3D is the best 3D film I will ever see.

Anybody wanna catch Transformers next week? I was gonna leave it off but word is the 3D is better then Avatar so I'm curious.

I'm out of the country until late Wednesday and then we're into the Tall Ships so I'm out.

The Transformers 3D might be better than Avatar, but Jackass 3D is the best 3D film I will ever see.

I actually agree with ya believe it or not. that was some quality film in the cinema. It was just infinately better in 3D.

We'll go ahead with the Guard on the 8th anyway. Transformers will prob be more of an unoffical thing.

Transformers 3. S'alright. Last hour and good 3D is worth the money, but whoever decided on the soundtrack needs to be taken out and shot.

You'll get your money's worth on the fight scenes. Setting and opening is actually pretty clever.

So are we still on for The Guard on Friday so?

Just checked Storm and the (relevant) times are as follows:

17:50
    18:50
    20:15
    21:15
    22:45

I'm good for any to be honest but I think the 20:15 one is pretty good as there'd be time for a decent chat afterwards.

How's everyone fixed?

Enjoy it lads, looks good.

Probably gonna be seeing it over the weekend with the mates

• Advertisement

Jesus it's getting allot of showings. I'm ok for the minute. I'll know for sure tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

When you are in there get the fvckers to pass on the lower VAT rate.

If it's a locally run shop, bring it up with them.
    But for the love of god, DO NOT go in shouting the head off to some poor boy/girl behind the counter because the head office of their company hasn't reduced the price.
    dayshah wrote: »
    But Storm has no excuse (though I accept its set by head office). The distributors may set a price to sell, but they don't set the VAT rate.
    Cabaal wrote: »
    In that case its worth e-mailing them perhaps
    http://www.stormcinemas.ie/contact
    dayshah wrote: »
    When you are in there get the fvckers to pass on the lower VAT rate.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Saw " The way" in Garter lane last night, good two hours entertainment, nice simple film, on 5.30 and 7.30 tonight last showing worth a watch

Is this a non-runner or what's the story?

Sorry,

I picked up a bit if work for a few months and I don't think i'd be ready in time tonight. If you can gather anyone work away.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ellie1984

Sorry lads, went to see it with the boyfriend yesterday, its a good movie tho, enjoy!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ellie1984

Movie? Anyone?:)

Ya it's been too long now. Any suggestions?

• Advertisement

Actually, Super 8 is out next week. That looks savage.

Advertisement