Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Fourm Cinema Club. The Inbetweeners, Thursday, 18th, 19.10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I heard ya need a strong stomach for 127 hours although it does look good. That new Russel Crowe film looks good but I'm gonna catch it this wekend. Still looks like Black Swan as the early leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I had to look away a few times watching 127 Hours but it good film though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

127 hours isn't that bad from the gore perspective. Yes there is a bit of blood and some actual sawing, but Hitchcock-like implied gore is used, such as using sounds, quick cuts etc., which I feel is much more effective than watching someone actually chop off a fake arm! The movie itself is top notch.

I've seen The Fighter also and enjoyed it too. However, it's not the best movie I've ever seen or anything like it. It's a good movie, most of the acting is great, I didn't enjoy the fight scenes that much as they just looked fake to me. But it's still well worth a watch.

Now after my mini-reviews I would be up for seeing Black Swan. :D

Cool, I'll throw out a date so,

say Monday the 24th? No times up yet bit around the half 7 mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

This might be of some use to ye ive been using it for years but keeping it secret!

It will give you a good list of the films coming up
    http://www.iftn.ie/distribution/IrishCinemaReleaseDiary/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 shadowman.ie

I may be interested in joining you if your open to someone new coming along. I moved to Waterford a while ago and have been looking for some way to get to know some new people.

The black swan looks quite good. It looks like it has a very good dark edge to it.

So whats the usual deal with this.... meet up before and drinks after, bulk tickets etc?

Basically we meet downstairs about 10/15min before the start of the film and go across the road for a drink after. Just but your tickets there.

You'd be more then welcome. The vast majority of us all met through Boards. Keep an eye on this thread for date/time.

Cool. I'll keep an eye out on for a date/time so. Looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PaulWMovie

Hi all,

I hope I am not out of line suggesting this and don’t worry I am not going to spam this forum with stuff to do with the cinema. I am the Manager here in Storm Cinemas in Waterford and if any of you are interested in setting up a film club or I would love to be able to do some work with you all in starting one for cinema buffs. I would love to see a film club totally based at the general cinema attendee. Sure let me know or pop me a mail at
    Storm.Waterford@Odeonuk.com Or feel free to pop in anytime and ask for me. I am there most days including weekends.

Anything I can do to help, please do not hesitate and thanks so much for frequenting the cinema for what seems to be so often. I am sure that we can do some deals for groups of you in the future. I look forward to seeing you in the cinema soon.

I hope I have not intruded on your forum.

Many thanks for your continued custom and enjoy the flicks!

Best,

Paul Wren
    Storm Cinemas Waterford
    051 309 110

Hi Paul,

thanks a million for your that,

I wouldn't dream on talking on behalf of the lads but myself personally I honestly would have little interest in being part of or in particular setting up a large scale cinema club in the city although to be honest I think it's a good idea and I think there might be an interest in one.

Using the thread here is a nice easy medium to contact everyone and it's a small social scene, if the situation ever came up (I beleive we even said it at the start) where a numbers were consistantly high through the fourm then I will for sure be in contact and see can we work out anything.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,267 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

might join ye all for the drink part.

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. No problem at all, Thanks again for your custom and I really hope you continue to enjoy your trips to the cinema. If you have any comments/suggestions I will continue to follow this thread and if you need any info please feel free to ask.

Thanks again for your time and reply.

Paul

At the risk of derailing the thread I might suggest something, I'm not sure are you familiar with UCI's Cinema Club card but I gather that it's something to the effect of you pay so much a month (maybe €30/40) by direct debit and it's free into which ever film you like. I'm sure that is something people would be interested in and would get more bodies in the seats so to speak and of course more importantly to storm spending the money in the shop. It might be worth a look into anyway.

Anyway, I'll throw out Tuesday the 25th (today week) anybody interesting in that?

25th sounds good to me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I'm on nights so should be able to go next week alright. The night depends a bit on soccer.

It seems we're playing on the 24th so the 25th should be grand.

Cool,

I'll stick the 25th in the title and see how we're fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

25th sounds ok to me Ziedth.

25th is good for me

Cool,

I'm gonna put up 7.00pm as I'd suggest 9.30 is a bit late for the drink after.

7.00pm is good for me

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    At the risk of derailing the thread I might suggest something, I'm not sure are you familiar with UCI's Cinema Club card but I gather that it's something to the effect of you pay so much a month (maybe €30/40) by direct debit and it's free into which ever film you like. I'm sure that is something people would be interested in and would get more bodies in the seats so to speak and of course more importantly to storm spending the money in the shop. It might be worth a look into anyway.

Anyway, I'll throw out Tuesday the 25th (today week) anybody interesting in that?

Hi Ziedth,

Thanks for this. I believe that this is in the Parnell Square Cinema in Dublin City Centre, I am not aware of a UCI Version, but I will look into it. I am not sure of the ins/outs or complications of this but I will pass your comments on. Thanks for the feedback and enjoy your movie on the 25th.

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Hey guys, im pretty sure i can make this one (work commitments allowing) so just curious as to how I will know ye when I see ye! havent been to one or a waterford forum beers :)

Hi Paul,

Your dead right, It's actually Cineworld I was thinking of Its discussed here on boards in the link below. I appreciate it, I'm no expert in marketing but i'd imagine it would be popular.

Thanks Again.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055808096

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭2Bv¬2B

Just watched Black Swan in there.... It's a great film, Natalie Portman is excellent in it.

kryogen wrote: »
    Hey guys, im pretty sure i can make this one (work commitments allowing) so just curious as to how I will know ye when I see ye! havent been to one or a waterford forum beers :)

We'll be floating around the first floor by the ice cream place till everyone arrives. If ya want PM me your mobile number and I'll text ya exactly when we're there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

ziedth wrote: »
    We'll be floating around the first floor by the ice cream place till everyone arrives. If ya want PM me your mobile number and I'll text ya exactly when we're there.

yeah will do that cheers

Looking forward to it.

I might meet ye after the movie for a drink because i cant make it at 7pm. I must check what time the movie is over at.

^ you'd be more then welcome, the only thing I will say that if you don't live in town I dunno would it be 100% worth your while as we usually are finished up in Grimes within the hour or so.

• Advertisement

I live about 10 mins away from johnstown so it should be fine. The movie will be over at 8.50pm so i could maybe head down then

Advertisement