Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia's top model...HUGE balls up

Options
  • 28-09-2010 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

The finale of Australia's Next Top Model 2010 was broadcast live allowing the public to vote for the winner...
    What happened? The worst nightmare of anyone presenting a live final!:eek:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chmphpTY2ms

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Now this made me laugh pretty hard

Australia's Top Model 2010, live on TV, dumb presenter announces the winner, winer makes her acceptance speach etc.

Then realises she's been given the wrong name!!!!

Do ya think she did the right thing or should have gone wit the winner announced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Hmm this was just on the news.

Most likely a stunt as I did not even know this was on till this happened.

Plus the two girls both get the cover of some mag and the Runner up was given $25,000 as well.

They both are being interviewed by the media more than if simply one had one.

Chances are this was no accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Just seen it on Sky news. Zambia is completely right, I have never seen anything less subtle in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

mmmm sounds like a stunt to me.

this is the first time that the programme has done a live final with audience participitation. the uk version is finalising next week maybe they are trying to boost viewing figures with people hoping for a similar gaffe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

How people fall for this kind of ****e is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

I wouldn't mind my HUGE balls up Australia's top model ... either one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mister men wrote: »
    How people fall for this kind of ****e is beyond me.

well the people watching this wouldn't be the brightest either ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

That was some of the poorest acting I have seen. The host was atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

C0ck and Bu11

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from AH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭Morgans

Didnt Terry Wogan pull a similar stunt with a UK Eurovision entry not too long ago. Co-presenter (Cat Deeley) perhaps had to correct him. Vague memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Oh Em Gee. She must've been morto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Moved to Reality TV for that is what this show is.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I heard there were only 3 votes between the girls in the end. They must have announced it before the lines were closed and totals were verified. The dangers of live TV I suppose...

I don't think it was a publicity stunt at all....

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Yeah I just cant believe it either.

And if it was true, then why is the presenter getting all the grief when she was fed the lines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Well here is what the news and Sara said

A few minutes prior she was told the first chick won.

She went to announce the winner and someone was meant to tell her the winner in her ear. No one did so she went with the name she was given minutes earlier.

Then someone said the winner in her ear 90 secs later.

I dont believe she was in on it.. or the chicks. They just cant show emotion properly anyway. This was only on foxtel here so its all pay tv. Not as common as cable in Ireland. Huge benefits to Foxtell in attracting subscribers.

The show had 200,000 people watching the clip has 500,000 views so if it was a PS it was a good one.

In the end they are both hot and seem like nice girls ... no harm no foul. Best of luck to em.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

I really don't know...I mean this show hasn't done nearly as well as the us and uk one..I doubt anyone outside Australia watches it (could be wrong). There seems to be quite a gap before the presenter is told there was a mistake, surely they would have known the minute she said the wrong name instead of letting the mistaken winner go on & on with her thanks.

What annoys me is this girl going on all the shows saying she doesn't want to be known for this..how many interviews does she think she'd have been asked to do if none of this happened! And how many people would remember her a week later! She needs to quit moaning & grab her 15 minutes!

Advertisement