Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truck incident at Leinster House

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

OK guys. We've lost our way a bit with the personal stuff and insults. Some posters banned and infractions issued. Lets get back to attacking posts and not posters. PM for clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

furtzy wrote: »
    The "Truck crashes Dail" makes better hreadlines than "Truck parks up at Dail entrance"

Yeah exactly, Makes you wonder how true some of the stuff on the news / internet is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    Yeah exactly, Makes you wonder how true some of the stuff on the news / internet is.

Very little I'd imagine. Best waiting five years before reading up on any incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Mark200 wrote: »
    You clearly didn't read my post properly. My suggestion:

"try to come up with actual suggestions to what the Government should do." as opposed to all this moaning without providing any alternatives to the Government's current actions.

I repeated that idea again in my post:

"How about we say what we are FOR instead of just blanketly knocking every idea the current Government comes up with?"

You have been outlining how people on this thread are moaning, how they should come up with solutions to problems etc, yet you haven't put ideas down yourself.

So I will ask a third time. What solution do you have for our economic mess? (I have highlighted the statement to which I'm referring to above, to make it as simple as possible).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Seems the driver may not have been acting alone !!!

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8683/cement.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭nobby grande

Viva the start of the revolution. *(sarcasm) Well done to the guy i say though. Peaceful, yet sending a clear message. If it gets more people thinking about real solutions it has 100% worked in my book. This country is full of people who spend all day whinging and very few actually thinking about how we can improve this situation.
    The government should be called into a general election, not that i see any really great solution in FG or Labour. However the mess we are in is down to FF and i'm glad this cement truck driver has embarrassed them if only slightly. The fact that our government took a break for the last few months is sickening. Surely there should be a dedicated team of people trying to think of radical incentives to create new economic plans for this country. They need to get some radical new ideas quickly, and some of the finest business brains in the country should be involved. The sooner that happens the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 libs

fair play to him thats action louder than words!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

libs wrote: »
    fair play to him thats action louder than words!!

Oh yeah, and what's parking a stupid truck in front of a building going to achieve? Sorry no local hero.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

Oh yeah, and what's parking a stupid truck in front of a building going to achieve? Sorry no local hero.

Protesting never achieves anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Rosa Parks wouldn't move to the back of the bus. No one really knows what will happen when civil disobedience starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭nobby grande

flash1080 wrote: »

Wow - great idea, lets all stay at home and wait for sopmebody else to do something. Look the guy has a grievance, he has now aired it. I'm sure he feels better having done something. He has also embarrassed Fianna Fail. granted not a huge amount but he has shown he is unhappy and that Anglo should have been left to rot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

"try to come up with actual suggestions to what the Government should do." as opposed to all this moaning without providing any alternatives to the Government's current actions.

"How about we say what we are FOR instead of just blanketly knocking every idea the current Government comes up with?"

They should resign because of their involvement in the crisis and their making it worse every time they claim we've turned a corner.

What I am FOR is people taking responsibility for their own choices and gambling, and that INCLUDES the public, bankers, investors, bondholders and Government.

No bailout for anyone = everyone having responsibility for their own choices, and that responsibility being precisely related to the amount that they gambled.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

That's my suggestion as to how the country should be reacting to this mess... it was in response to the suggestion that parking a truck outside Leinster Parliament was helping.

They should fuck off and die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Pity it was not loaded with TNT

The Next Taoiseach?..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

LATEST NEWS, JUST IN;

The driver of the truck who was involved in the incident at Leinster House this morning has been released without charge.

It appears that there was no concrete evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

LATEST NEWS, JUST IN;

The driver of the truck who was involved in the incident at Leinster House this morning has been released without charge.

To be released at 8.04

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

TheZohan wrote: »
    To get a cement truck at that angle; square with the gates of Leinster House and perfectly aligned would have taken some skill and the driver would have had to driven it at around 5mph.

But you're right, it was a blatant murder attempt.

If you drive straight up Molesworth Street the gates are directly in front of you. Or if you come from the Dept. of Transport side of Kildare St. its a hard left, not very skillful at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Spot on...... He's from Galway/Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tell that to the pensioners who successfully protested last year and got the cuts reversed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

meah...

nothing solved by this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Tell that to the pensioners who successfully protested last year and got the cuts reversed :D

Yeah but they'll be dead soon, see how much of a pension the scabby ****ers are getting then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

amacachi wrote: »
    Yeah but they'll be dead soon, see how much of a pension the scabby ****ers are getting then.

Middle aged people and the younger generation will be screwed for pensions when they reach that age because they won't protest and didn't pay any attention to those who are older and wiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭bnt

According to the IrTimes, the Pun Merchants went in to overdrive on Twitter re #cementgate. Lots of stuff about TDs - or Cowen - getting Plastered.

I had to learn a bit about concrete, a subject on which it's possible to get so geeky you lose your audience. Example: on aggregate, I think the only cure is to throw that kind of ASR in the clinker ... :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

bnt wrote: »
    According to the IrTimes, the Pun Merchants went in to overdrive on Twitter re #cementgate. Lots of stuff about TDs - or Cowen - getting Plastered.

I had to learn a bit about concrete, a subject on which it's possible to get so geeky you lose your audience. Example: on aggregate, I think the only cure is to throw that kind of ASR in the clinker ... :o

I had a look at that site... there's a very lean mix of puns there. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Middle aged people and the younger generation will be screwed for pensions when they reach that age because they won't protest and didn't pay any attention to those who are older and wiser.

If only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

bnt wrote: »

Funny video from that Twitter page

The second interview had me in stitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BingoMingo

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    Parking a truck in front of the dail? Mindless Violence?

Bar that you've good points.

No harm was done and it's gotten people talking

I was responding in agreement to a post from someone who critiscised some of the comments being put forward. I abbreviated the quote for brevity.

The follwing text preceded the quote I included:

"Yea, about time! Pity he didn't mow down a Minister or one of the Gardai too, that'll show'em! Wouldn't it be awesome, someone getting hit with a truck, going under the wheels and getting squashed or, even better, being on the other side of the gates and being pinned to the ground if they had come down. Loads of pictures in the media too so the families could see, yea brilliant!"

This is suggesting mindless violence - Yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

If I don't win the lotto tonight I am going to drive my car through the shop that I bought my ticket in. I will however give them the chance to give me back my €4.

Gambles should be reimbursed if they don't come off.

I wonder if this bloke and his truck would be anywhere near the Dail today if he had successfully sold the 22 apratments to people trying to get on the property market with their 100 / 110 % mortgages. Doubt it.

People in this country really need to start being made to take responsibilty for their collective failure, starting at the top.

Iceland has their former Prime Minister under investigation for negligence. We have a couple of TD's in the Green Party, avoiding extintion, and a few independants sucking resourses dry for their local constituency all in the name of proping up a failed Government.

John Gormley owes it to the people of this country to put this Government to bed and let the people decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

mikom wrote: »
    Spot on...... He's from Galway/Mayo.

Make your mind up!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He is appearing in court tomorrow morning

how will the people of this country react if this man is jailed?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement