Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truck incident at Leinster House

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

Any one wish this chap had forced his way on in and reversed that lorry filled with explosives copper coned like a drogue bomb to burn out TDs before blowing up Bankster House?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyKzzpW5O7s

Listen on for some of the smuggest prats in the land give out and claim there is no problem for ordinary folk

when will there be a backlash for what these pricks collectively have done to our nation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Make your mind up!:D

Born in Mayo, living in Galway, protesting in Dubland.
    How'd you like them prátaís.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

MySelf56 wrote: »
    so wat is solution? So callee repairing cost are penuts, when u compare with 90bn anglo plus nama.where were you when this happened. The bank reckless lending cost will be paid yor ma, me ma n our kids.
    The solution is to prevent FF from getting into government after the next general election.
    more later.
    Oranage2 wrote: »
    So we moan when nobody does anything and we moan when somebody does something..........................
    Indeed.
    It's like 1916 all over again.
    Some people tried to free us from British oppression, but the public turned against them until they were executed.
    Today the entire Spanish nation are going on national strike, 100,000 protesters are expected to converge on the European parliament in Brussels and in Ireland?....

Oh dear.

Careful now. Down with that sort of thing.

Shure there's a general election in 2012, we'll tell them what we think of them then, in the meantime there's Joe Duffy.
    There's a presidential election next year.
    More later.
    Mark200 wrote: »
    So no solutions from you. Anyone else?
    FF must be prevented from obtaining power again, unless they change their policies and the old boy's club is disbanded.
    More later.
    The point is that parking a truck at the gates/driving a truck into them/whatever isn't doing anything. It achieves nothing. Let me know when something constructive is done.
    It's a start.
    You can bitch and moan about this trucker, but he made more of an impact than anyone else over the last 5 years.

OisinT wrote: »
    The brake lines were cut on the truck AFAIK... if pedestrians had been there, who knows how many people could have been killed and/or injured.

I'd be very surprised if criminal action is not taken against this man based on the news reports of the event.
    I like a lot of your points. You have been wrong in this entire thread.

I will now announce my bid for presidency in the next election.
    I'm a few months short of the required age at the moment, but I will be of age by the time the polls are open.

I will not allow another FF government during my tenure.
    Vote for me.

how will the people of this country react if this man is jailed?

have tea with mammy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Loads of people came on Live Line praising him and denouncing the politicians. None of them seemed to see the irony that they were talking to Joe Duffy who is paid vast sums of money out of their licence fee. I think he will get off, unlike this Hero of the People who denounced Pat Kenny and the fat cats in RTE.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0522/stokesp.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Anyone know where this guy's court apperance is tomorrow. Would like to go and show my support.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

This and the mass mink mayhem, the revolution has begun . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Mister men wrote: »
    Anyone know where this guy's court apperance is tomorrow. Would like to go and show my support.

Court No 1, Parkgate St. 10.30am

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I'm a bit shocked at that so many people would support such a reckless and dangerous stunt.

I know this is After Hours but honestly, some-one could have been seriously hurt or killed.

I have no great love for Cowen et al but seriously this was taking it too far.

Cop on a bit folks, protesting is one thing, putting people's lives at risk is another.

• Advertisement

I'm a bit shocked at that so many people would support such a reckless and dangerous stunt.

I know this is After Hours but honestly, some-one could have been seriously hurt or killed.

Cop on a bit folks, protesting is one thing, putting people's lives at risk is another.

wise up - obviously you have no one in dire need of HSE services

How?

mikom wrote: »
    How?

Erm.....by being hit by or crushed under the truck maybe? Don't play dumb, you know what I meant.

And to the other poster.....yes I know the country's in a heap.....I'm one of many who lost their jobs and can't find work.

I just don't think risking seriously injuring or killing some-one is the way to go about changing things tbh.

Erm.....by being hit by or crushed under the truck maybe? Don't play dumb, you know what I meant.

Truck was driven up to gates while no one was around.

Truck was driven up to gates while no one was around.

But there could have been, that's my point.

He took a hugh risk imo.

But there could have been, that's my point.

He took a hugh risk imo.

Well, if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

sligopark wrote: »
    wise up - obviously you have no one in dire need of HSE services

What has that to do with anything?
    There were people on trolleys and the HSE was a mess all the way through the Celtic Tiger.
    This deluded moron took a risk with his own life and others (he had no way of knowing the outcome) to make a point that has been made over and over again. His protest, like Coveneys stunt is already being forgotten. Why? Because it was ineffective and misdirected to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

If only he was driving a Mowag he may have made it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

What he did today was nothing

This is what our neighbours did for far less than what is being done to us now

Its only a matter of time,you can only push a people so far

FF would do well to remember this

Happyman42 wrote: »
    This deluded moron took a risk with his own life and others (he had no way of knowing the outcome) to make a point that has been made over and over again. His protest, like Coveneys stunt is already being forgotten.

Yep, forgotten 83,400 times according to my search..........

http://www.google.ie/search?q=cement+truck+dail&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Meanwhile............ Is This The Dail Cement Truck Driver?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Poly wrote: »
    Way too early for cowen, he's just headin for his breakfast roll.

or for his radio interview.:D

Well, if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle

Look I'm sorry I disagree with he did, I didn't realise that wasn't allowed :rolleyes:

Theres no need for that kind of childish response, grow up.

His protest, like Coveneys stunt is already being forgotten.

coveney's stunt? Turning up hungover to a national broadcast? was it coveney was slagged off to 5 millions viewers in america? was it coveney was described as a 'drunk' and a 'moron'

?

drunk - obvious

moron - obvious

coveney - not obvious

He showed them didn't he? He's ust another idiot deflecting attention for the rabble.....meanwhile back at the ranch................

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0929/breaking11.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Look I'm sorry I disagree with he did, I didn't realise that wasn't allowed :rolleyes:

Theres no need for that kind of childish response, grow up.

Look, there was no more of a risk of him hurting anyone as there was of someone driving in that gate with a car or driving down the street with a truck to make a delivery.

As I have already stated, the brakes must have been working, if they weren't they would not have had the trouble they had in towing it away.

Trucks have a safety back up system built into the parking brake, when the air that is used for normal braking goes low the handbrake automatically comes on. In this case, when he cut the airlines it would apply the handbrake and the only way to get it off would be to fix the cut lines and fill the air tanks. (I know there is another way but the people of AH can't handle that just yet!)

Slidey wrote: »
    As I have already stated, the brakes must have been working

pity that

Slidey wrote: »
    Look, there was no more of a risk of him hurting anyone as there was of someone driving in that gate with a car or driving down the street with a truck to make a delivery.

Two words that increase the risks hugely......stress and panic....on his part, on the part of the Guards and the public who wouldn't be expecting a 15 ton truck to cross the carraige in front of them.
    On this occaision he was lucky.....but when do you call halt to this kind of protest?

but when do you call halt to this kind of protest?

when new government is established and new politics arrive until then this is tame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Two words that increase the risks hugely......stress and panic....on his part, on the part of the Guards and the public who wouldn't be expecting a 15 ton truck to cross the carraige in front of them.
    On this occaision he was lucky.....but when do you call halt to this kind of protest?

At 7 in the morning.. I'm sorry, I'm not buying it.

I do not support this guy, have heard since that he is not a very nice person despite what was being preached about him on Doe Juffy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

i don't care about the guy in question or the political forces at work that would drive him to doing such a crazy thing, but surely i'm not the only one who thinks it's really funny?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement