Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truck incident at Leinster House

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Slidey wrote: »
    At 7 in the morning.. I'm sorry, I'm not buying it.

I do not support this guy, have heard since that he is not a very nice person despite what was being preached about him on Doe Juffy

You must do or you wouldn't keep trying to play down what he did.

Of course it's your right to support him but don't pretend or ignore the fact that what he did could have ended very badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

don't pretend or ignore the fact that what he did could have ended very badly.

as badly as what exactly - the bankruptcy of a nation?

wise up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Hmmmm...

It seems to me that the man parked the truck outside the gates of Leinster House, on double yellow lines.

He may have been coming up to The Big Smoke, maybe a visit to the Natural History Museum?

His brake lines may have snapped on the way up? or immediately after he parked??

He might have misplaced his keys?

From my reading of media reports it doesn't seem to me that there were any lives in danger...
    unless they willingly wanted to throw themselves under a slow moving large vehicle..

I am not saying I do or do not agree with this mans actions...

BUT

How far could you be pushed before doing something?

Lose your family home?
    Lose ALL your savings?
    etc..

I don't know his personal details, but I do think everyone has a breaking point!

Just saying :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

You must do or you wouldn't keep trying to play down what he did.

Of course it's your right to support him but don't pretend or ignore the fact that what he did could have ended very badly.

If I sat any harder on the fence I'd end up with piles...

I feel like I am beating my head off a brick wall here.. As someone who both drives and works on trucks I know how easy this would be to pull off without any risk to the public. And I mean any.

He is kinda fcuked IMO, they will be able to do him for loads. I doubt the truck is tested and if it is whatever test centre passed it is fcuked. He probably had no tacho chart in so that is another offence...

sligopark wrote: »
    as badly as what exactly - the bankruptcy of a nation?

wise up

Em....try as badly as some-one dead underneath the truck.

Why wise up exactly?

• Advertisement

Why wise up exactly?

you need more mammy tea

sligopark wrote: »
    you need more mammy tea

Stop with the condescening crap and give me a straight answer.

Wise up to what?

I KNOW the country is in a heap. I KNOW the economy is a mess. I KNOW the government is crap.

I don't think that justifies the risk the truck driver took.

Didn't know disagreeing with what he did wasn't allowed, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Slidey wrote: »

I feel like I am beating my head off a brick wall here.. As someone who both drives and works on trucks I know how easy this would be to pull off without any risk to the public. And I mean any.

Yes, yes we know that, but how did he know how the Guards would react? He was driving a truck at the gates of our Parliment, not Dunnes Stores in Balbrigan. He had no idea how his recklessness would turn out.

Wise up to what?

I KNOW the country is in a heap. I KNOW the economy is a mess. I KNOW the government is crap.

fair enough - apologies - lets agree to disagree ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Wise up to what?

Isn't there normally vehicles driving up to that gate, through that gate and so on?

There was no risk to anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

One man got more attention today by peacefully protesting than all the apathetic people will get in a lifetime. His voice was heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 benfisher

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Wise up to what?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Darragh wrote: »
    Pics here http://twitter.com/davidmaybury/status/25861261968

http://yfrog.com/4jppbkj

http://yfrog.com/2ttobqtj

http://yfrog.com/5cbgzij

Doesn't look hit at all.Or like there's any trouble about it.

The media are hungry for stories is all.

well.. yeah but a cement truck attempting to breach the grounds leinster house with a huge TOXIC BANKS emblazoned on is a story is it not

.. n does anyone else think Darragh looks like bono. from afar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

You get arrested if you crash a truck into the Dail but not if you crash the entire country.....says it all really, fair dues to the truck driver, he's one of a handful who had the balls to make a stand against all the corruption in this country. If we had more like him we probably wouldn't be as badly off as we are and are going to be now.

should have been drove in past that buff fat faced guard and those gombeen arse hole politicans commenting on things they know nothing of...

madtheory wrote: »

Am I the only one thinking that that reporter had a very funning looking microphone???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Am I the only one thinking that that reporter had a very funning looking microphone???

It's a but plug. hence the reason the video is posted here. ( a good few pages back )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gotitbrian

There is a facebook page set-up to pay the guys legal fee's!

They need advice on setting up an account to make sure the guy gets his legal fee's paid! Anyone on here that can help with advice.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=154256281274369

Cheers

Brian

• Advertisement

gotitbrian wrote: »
    There is a facebook page set-up to pay the guys legal fee's!

They need advice on setting up an account to make sure the guy gets his legal fee's paid! Anyone on here that can help with advice.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=154256281274369

Cheers

Brian

:D:D:D Heard it all now......this guy was a developer, will you be setting up a Facebook to pay Sean Quinns fees? Just to be fair like.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

It's a but plug. hence the reason the video is posted here. ( a good few pages back )

yeah she questions them about 'taking it up the arse' whilst holding a dildo up to their face. all the while theyre completely oblivious.. or just being professional? but a true pro of their ilk would have swallowed it

And the half wits she was interviewing never copped it, just waffled away, FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gotitbrian

Happyman42 wrote: »
    :D:D:D Heard it all now......this guy was a developer, will you be setting up a Facebook to pay Sean Quinns fees? Just to be fair like.:rolleyes:

Not me! I was just passing it on! Where does it say anywhere that he was a developer! Did you just have to comment because you like the sound of your own voice!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

havent laughed as much as lookin at those two talkin into a dildo:D

gotitbrian wrote: »
    Where does it say anywhere that he was a developer! :D

Have you been asleep all day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Fair play to the driver :)

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

has he been released yet?

JMSE wrote: »
    havent laughed as much as lookin at those two talkin into a dildo:D

I would have laughed more if someone had pulled their pants down and rammed it up their asses and then into the next interviewee's mouth

now that would have been classic and replayed years from now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Yo Buddy. You still alive?

The rise is coming, February. IMF time :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement