Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truck incident at Leinster House

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

WindSock wrote: »
    Yay, I love when stuff happens. We need more of it. Waving placards and shouting obviously does fk all.

Yeahhhhh!!

SHOUTING!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Yay, I love when stuff happens. We need more of it. Waving placards and chanting obviously does fk all.

Let's hope this is just the beginning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Yay, I love when stuff happens. We need more of it. Waving placards and chanting obviously does fk all.

But crashing vehicles through gates and making us pay for the repairs is obviously the solution.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

gizmo wrote: »
    Yea, about time! Pity he didn't mow down a Minister or one of the Gardai too, that'll show'em! Wouldn't it be awesome, someone getting hit with a truck, going under the wheels and getting squashed or, even better, being on the other side of the gates and being pinned to the ground if they had come down. Loads of pictures in the media too so the families could see, yea brilliant!

Seriously, what the **** is wrong with you people? Fair play to him? What kind of ****ing simpleton thinks this was a good idea and will accomplish anything constructive? :rolleyes:

Hiding a pun deep in a seemingly serious reply, well played sir, well played!

Cement truck ehhh....was he stoned?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Cement truck ehhh....was he stoned?
    No, but his hopes to get inside were dashed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Just a point of order folks.

He didn't 'ram' anything.

He drove right up to the gate, turned off the motor and climbed onto the top of the truck.

Biggins wrote: »

Well, you tried at least...

What the? He has more thanks for that? :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

there are many truculent posts in this thread, is that really constructive here?

Yea, about time! Pity he didn't mow down a Minister or one of the Gardai too, that'll show'em! Wouldn't it be awesome, someone getting hit with a truck, going under the wheels and getting squashed or, even better, being on the other side of the gates and being pinned to the ground if they had come down. Loads of pictures in the media too so the families could see, yea brilliant!

Seriously, what the **** is wrong with you people? Fair play to him? What kind of ****ing simpleton thinks this was a good idea and will accomplish anything constructive? :rolleyes:

Stop acting like such a moaning Michael. NO ONE WAS HURT so no need to play silly hypothethcicals. This guy has a million times more balls than you and it will take people like that to enact some change for good in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Biggins wrote: »

And now he's between a rock and a hard place :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Well, you tried at least...

What the? He has more thanks for that? :mad: :(
    :D

:p

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Pity it was not loaded with TNT

• Registered Users Posts: 7 alanvor

Ha Ha Slunk - good one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

The guy's a hero and if the country had more like him and less like you we might not be where we are today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Apparently a Garda had to jump out of the way. I'd say he bricked himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Mister men wrote: »
    The guy's a hero and if the country had more like him and less like you we might not be where we are today.
    A hero?! For parking on a double yellow? yeah right :rolleyes:

amacachi wrote: »
    Apparently a Garda had to jump out of the way. Don't know how badly he's injured but I'm sure it's badly enough to go on the sick for 6 months. :pac:
    I hope they send the driver to jail for a long time.

Edit: obviously this post is too confusing for some so I'll explain. Clearly no one was injured at this time (13:28) however based on the quoted comment (which was quoted the whole time) I stated that if a Garda was injured or had to dive out of the way I hoped they would prosecute this man and he would get the time in jail he deserved.
    Obviously no one was actually injured and the reports of someone diving out of the way were exaggerated/untrue, so this post is moot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

OisinT wrote: »

Jail for parking on a double yellow? Yeah right :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

??????? It's a protest and a peaceful one by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

For a parking infringement? Bit harsh. :pac: If he did drive at a Garda he should be done for attempted murder, but it's a little soon to be jumping to conclusions, after all it was a TD who said he heard a Garda had to jump out of the way, and we know they can't be trusted. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

The guys a fuСking idiot who should be thankful that the Gardai at the Dail aren't armed.

Hero? He's a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

That's true actually, we'd be still in the ****ing stone age if Neanderthals like him were in charge.
    gatecrash wrote: »
    The guys a fuСking idiot who should be thankful that the Gardai at the Dail aren't armed.

Hero? He's a twat.
    *looks at username*

:pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Threads merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I've already had that one over on the other thread.

Kinda forgot i use that name here!!! :o:p

Zamboni wrote: »
    Jail for parking on a double yellow? Yeah right :rolleyes:
    optogirl wrote: »
    ??????? It's a protest and a peaceful one by all accounts.
    For a parking infringement? Bit harsh. :pac: If he did drive at a Garda he should be done for attempted murder, but it's a little soon to be jumping to conclusions, after all it was a TD who said he heard a Garda had to jump out of the way, and we know they can't be trusted. :pac:

I was saying if a Garda had to jump out of the way. I even quoted it in my post... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0929/politics.html

So he drove up to the gates and not through them! Bah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Pity that truck isn't fitted with a flux capacitor, back to the future style. Coulda saved us billions. ( History will record him as being right to protest. Anyone who says otherwise is clearly wrong)

• Advertisement

Apparently a Garda had to jump out of the way. I'd say he bricked himself.

THIS get thanked, but not my stoned joke? :mad:

I hate you all :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement