Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truck incident at Leinster House

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

This country really is in a bad way when you have citizens thinking this guy is a hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

One crap thing about this is the lack of eyewitness interviews, I want some autotuned wino describing it on youtube. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Decent enough paint job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

if he injured anyone or wrecked the gates of Leinster House I would call him an idiot. But he didn't - it was a peaceful protest on the second anniversary of the bank guarantee/bailout/black hole. I think he made his point and made it well.
    We can't all write strongly worded letters to the Irish Times !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

That may be, but if it is the case then he was just one developer that took out loans to build property, whihc every financial advisor in the country was advising him to do. It wasn't a stupid gamble at the time.

It would have paid off had the banks themselves hadn't gambled ti all away.

yes yes it was the bankers fault, and brian cowens fault, and his financial advisors fault, and the regulators fault, basically everyones fault but his own

• Advertisement

scargill wrote: »
    We can't all write strongly worded letters to the Irish Times !

You're right, not everyone is literate.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

Zamboni wrote: »
    There is no evidence that a Garda had to dive anywhere bar a quote that O'Dowd 'heard' about it. Jesus!

Did you read the post and look at the pic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

yes yes it was the bankers fault, and brian cowens fault, and his financial advisors fault, and the regulators fault, basically everyones fault but his own

ok - we all have our own personal responsibility for what we borrow, etc. But the guys you mentioned above were all telling us that all was rosy in the garden....and if you didn't agree go and commit suicide!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

ThisRegard wrote: »
    This country really is in a bad way when you have citizens thinking this guy is a hero.

You are indeed correct.

Now...back to paying €50+Bn for Anglo and each sitting Dail TD 20K showing up money a year...baa...baa.....that's it...good sheeple.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Feck it anyway. The truck has been moved.

The Gardai said the truck drove up to the gate and stopped so all this talk of him ramming the gates of leinster house is a bit exaggerated.

Peaceful protest it is and no need for this thread to go all serious. Back to concrete related puns....:D

• Advertisement

You are indeed correct.

Now...back to paying €50+Bn for Anglo and each sitting Dail TD 20K showing up money a year...baa...baa.....that's it...good sheeple.

You're a sheeple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

TDs will accelerate plans to build a nuclear style bunker and impregnable tunnel system to the bar from the house in light of a terrorist attack on the gates of the house earlier today.

The 'moron' [as called by J Leno] said it was imperative that the government protect itself and a cordon was to be thrown around Dublin to a radius of thirty miles, no movement allowed, except for drunken TDs arriving for work, Gardaí are to arrest any TD found not drunk as he is obviously a terrorist trying to infiltrate the Dail.

More on the 'emergency legislation as it unfolds'

Gbee, 'The Freedom Press' Leinster House.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Biggins wrote: »
    Protest yes, but peacefully.
    If that was America and the White House, the snipers on top of the building would have took the driver out.

Anyway, with the protest marches today, looks like the re-opening of the Dail today, is off to a good start.

And Leinster House has an armed Military Police garrison!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

What exactly has he been arrested for if no one was injured and no damage was done?

What exactly has he been arrested for if no one was injured and no damage was done?

Not taking her handy there son.

I dunno, perhaps they're working on the assumption that he doesn't own the truck and that's the criminal damage charge they're holding him on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

Biggins wrote: »
    Protest yes, but peacefully.
    If that was America and the White House, the snipers on top of the building would have took the driver out.

It ever fails to amaze me the faith people on this boards have in foreign security services. When a headcase let lash at the whitehous with an automatic rifle it was civvies who tackeld him - ages before the security services reacted. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/293818/man_opens_fire_on_white_house/

The army lads at govt buildings can be relied on to do their duty professionaly and without resorting to "taking out" a guy because he is having a bit of a breakdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Lock him up! He has to be made an example of before the rest of us get ideas. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Hotais

I'm guessing it's someone from this crowd of wasters who actually went to he bother. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

well at least this incident has laid the foundations of a debate here on AH.
    Is the right to protest is set in stone here in Ireland? It seems the truck didn't "Ram" the gates but merely parked up.
    I think some people have gotten Mixed up on this.
    I'm sure though that this will Rock the government today.
    Maybe these will be popular in the Dail Bar later
    clearly the man who did it is a Hardened Criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

A better picture for admiring the paint job....from the galway stunt!

x2fde4b2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

All he has to do is say he was a Fine Gael TD whio was pissed and it'll be swept under the carpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭theCaffers

joe316 wrote: »
    Just listening to newstalk, a cement truck has just attempted to ram into the gates of leinster house.

I dont like violence but maybe it might give impetus for more "peaceful" protests

That man's a hero!... FREE ANGLO CEMENT TRUCK GUY!

Ps where can I get a car bumper sticker like cement truck guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

the truck stopped before hitting the gates

the guy just wanted some concrete action for a change:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

amacachi wrote: »
    Not taking her handy there son.

I dunno, perhaps they're working on the assumption that he doesn't own the truck and that's the criminal damage charge they're holding him on?
    Maybe trademark infringement as it's doubtful that he got Anglo's permission for the use of the logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MySelf56

Mark200 wrote: »
    But crashing vehicles through gates and making us pay for the repairs is obviously the solution.....

so wat is solution? So callee repairing cost are penuts, when u compare with 90bn anglo plus nama.where were you when this happened. The bank reckless lending cost will be paid yor ma, me ma n our kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

theCaffers wrote: »
    That man's a hero!... FREE ANGLO CEMENT TRUCK GUY!

nah, free a Nipper instead

(bit of nostalgia for those 80s children out there)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Protesters to pour out onto Kildare St. later today. Lots of commuter will be stuck in the mixup it will cause. Dublin city council have no concrete plans for dealing with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Yeahhhhh!!

SHOUTING!!

LOUD NOISES!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement