Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truck incident at Leinster House

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

fryup wrote: »
    nah, free a Nipper instead

(bit of nostalgia for those 80s children out there)
    "Where's the beef!"

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭theCaffers

@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; } Well, how do you do, young concrete truck guy,
    Do you mind if I sit down here by your jailside?
    And rest for a while in the warm summer sun,
    I've been walking all day, and I'm nearly done.
    And I see by your Anglo message you weren’t being a louse
    When you got into yer truck and you rammed Leinster house,
    Well, I hope they broke quick and I hope they broke clean
    Or, young concrete truck guy, was it slow and obscene?
    Did the beat move slowly, did they run away lowly?
    Did the rifles fir o'er you as mowed the gates down?
    Did the bugles sound The Last Post in chorus?
    Did the pipes play the Flowers of the Forest?

…We love you Concrete Truck Guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Biffo's currently in his office hiding under his desk, lights off, curtains drawn, reading this thread and hoping all these horrible puns will make the public anger abate for another day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

bonerm wrote: »
    Biffo's currently in his office hiding under his desk, lights off, curtains drawn, reading this thread and hoping all these horrible puns will make the public anger abate for another day.
    You mean, he's actually at his desk? :eek:

Biggins wrote: »
    You mean, he's actually at his desk? :eek:

Did I say desk? Sorry I meant mini-bar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Did I say desk? Sorry I meant mini-bar.
    Mini bar? That would'nt keep him happy what with the unemployment figures out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭theCaffers

theCaffers wrote: »

They already have 166 of them inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Embarrassed for the people who are thinking the guy is a hero :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I don’t see why people moan about the country, and then one guy makes a small protest and gets some attention and they moan about him.

I personally think FF TD’s should be shot on site for being traitors, not a joke either. I think its ridiculous you can get locked up for not paying a TV licence fee, and you have the cabinet knocking about with no charges against them, bankers or developers. This country never ceases to amaze me. The protest today is also a waste of time, make all the noise they want, Cowen and Co wont bat an eye lid unless there is a full scale riot unfortunately and id fully support that only the country would have to pay the cost of fixing the place up after it which defeats the purpose.

• Advertisement

This is like reading The Daily Mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

ThisRegard wrote: »
    This country really is in a bad way when you have citizens thinking this guy is a hero.

You sound like one of those outoftouch TDs, are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

It would seem that this truck has a history......
    http://www.politics.ie/current-affairs/127033-anglo-cement-truck.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

ClutchIt wrote: »
    Not great really, who'll have to pay for the repairs? The taxpayer.

What repairs?He hit nothing. Even the newsreport in one of the first posts of the thread say that the driver stopped short of hitting the gates. Did not stop the media with running stories of how a truck rammed the Dail though. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

I'm mortified by this. It's so embarrassing that Irish people are protesting against the government, you wouldn't see protests in any civilised country. The government shouldn't have to face this going into work in the morning. If people want to complain about the government they should keep it to themselves or voice their opinions where they won't be heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

flash1080 wrote: »
    I'm mortified by this. It's so embarrassing that Irish people are protesting against the government, you wouldn't see protests in any civilised country. The government shouldn't have to face this going into work in the morning. If people want to complain about the government they should keep it to themselves or voice their opinions where they won't be heard.

Er. Name a civilised country that doesn't have this sort of protest. The mark of a civilised country is permitting peaceful dissent.

Edit: WAIT SARCASM ALERT.

Better still they could register their disgust by refusing to vote in the next election. That'd show em!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gitman

fair play to the guy he has more bottle than all the bigmouths on here anyway, he went out and did something about the gob****es in the dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Troll? Christ I hope so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Don't over react. It's one person. He doesn't represent anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0929/dailprotest.html

Didn't quote it because I assume people at work can see RTE...A protestor rammed a truck into the gates outside Leinster House.

It looks like the same truck that was parked up outside the bank in Galway.

Better still they could register their disgust by refusing to vote in the next election. That'd show em!

Exactly. It's all very well to complain or refuse to vote, because nobody will hear about it, but protesting in the streets is just embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

Give this man a medal.

gitman wrote: »
    fair play to the guy he has more bottle than all the bigmouths on here anyway, he went out and did something about the gob****es in the dail.

What did he do to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Bet the driver's glad he didnt hit Harney, truck would have been a write-off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Cowen's hungover.
    Some FG dude is drunk driving around the Dail.
    Seanie's playing golf.
    400,000 looking for jobs.
    The bond market is screwing all of us
    and a truck crashes into the gates of our parliament.

Nothing to see here folks.

Back to work.

Pal wrote: »
    Cowen's hungover.
    Some FG dude is drunk driving around the Dail.
    Seanie's playing golf.
    400,000 looking for jobs.
    The bond market is screwing all of us
    and a truck crashes into the gates of our parliament.

Nothing to see here folks.

Back to work.

Live and let live.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm all for protests once they're peaceful, but judging by some of the attitudes of people here it'll just be a matter of time before someone takes it too far. Like it or not the damage is done, and the it can't be undone, just improved. So everyone calling for the bankers and politicians to be shot better have one outstanding plan for the country after that happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I'm all for protests once they're peaceful, but judging by some of the attitudes of people here it'll just be a matter of time before someone takes it too far. Like it or not the damage is done, and the it can't be undone. So everyone calling for the bankers and politicians to be shot better have one outstanding plan for the country after that happens.

A benign philosopher king.

Cough. Cough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement