Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile has Launched

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Walkman wrote: »
    It's €10 per week that makes €40 per month on average. I think your maths is slightly flawed

My Maths is not flawed at all. I'll break it down week by week, averaging 4 weeks a month just for simplicity.

Week 1:
    €10 Top Up
    200 Minutes
    200 Texts
    Leaves you with €10 on your account. 50mb a day at 99c for 7 days (350mb in total) is just under €7. €6.93 if you want to be exact.
    That leaves you with a grand total of €3.07 credit at the end of the week.

Going by what I said of approximately 4 weeks per month, that multiplies out to:
    800 Minutes
    800 Texts
    1400 MB of data (i.e 1.4GB)
    and a total of €12.28 credit left over. That means you have "used" €27.72.

Even if you must top up 5 times in any given month, your allowances don't reset at the end of the month, so it doesn't really matter that it's not exactly 4 weeks in a month.

Not sure how that is flawed maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

EMobile sim works in a Meteor branded phone - tried it today

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

alexlyons wrote: »

Not sure how that is flawed maths.

It's not flawed on your part but now the price plans have vanished off the website,
    I wonder are they just figuring out how much 1.4gb of data and 800 minutes and 800 texts will cost them off meteor. :)

Meteor's closest price plan is bill pay smart, you'd be looking at 85 a month for that. Your getting it for 27 euro,
    (it's really 40, you can't withdraw what you haven't spent but you still own it, so you've spent 40). It's still very good for 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

They sure would!

have you tried or heard?
    the C6 is a very good price

It's not flawed on your part but now the price plans have vanished off the website,
    I wonder are they just figuring out how much 1.4gb of data and 800 minutes and 800 texts will cost them off meteor. :)

Meteor's closest price plan is bill pay smart, you'd be looking at 85 a month for that. Your getting it for 27 euro,
    (it's really 40, you can't withdraw what you haven't spent but you still own it, so you've spent 40). It's still very good for 40.

Not arguing or trying to be pedantic here, but you although you bought credit, you haven't spent the €40 yet, it's on your account. The data, minutes and texts cost you €27.72. If you were to spend the full €40, you'd get more minutes, texts and/or data.

• Advertisement

Not arguing either, you've 40 less in your pocket but you've a great cash balance : )

I can see how you think it's a great deal. Is it the best 40 euro deal out there?

ah yes you do, but its not been wasted away like a standard €40 a month bill where ringing say, bank of ireland phone banking would cost you more ;)

Is it the best €40 a month deal? Yes by a long shot, if your a medium data user and heavy talker and texter to any network. Having both any network calls and texts to that amount is incredible!! I'd change over in a flash if the OH wasn't locked to o2 and only had a few any network texts and free o2 to o2. slighty annoying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Elmo wrote: »
    Emm emobile wonder how long it took them to come up with that.

ecell perhaps no sounds too much like Eircell, Eirmobile.

And the logo ??? Wonder what they were thinking about ? Colourwise and those Es look similar.

Old_EIRCELL.PNG

emobile.jpg

But seriously isn't this just anti-competitive?
    Not to mention that the name verbally sounds a lot like 'three mobile'.
    I presume that the 'eircell' name actually belongs to Vodafone as part of the sell off and that's one of the reasons this new network isn't calling itself Eircell. I think they are deliberately trying to brand themselves close to their old eircell look.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

What their not saying is if you top up by the 10 or 15 euro on the prepay offers its immediately taken from your balance.

So a further top up is required for MMS, international calls & 99c day pass

What their not saying is if you top up by the 10 or 15 euro on the prepay offers its immediately taken from your balance.

well that ruins my plan :( suppose it was to good to be true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

I don't understand what you mean by this?? I know, I'm probably just being stupid :o:o

Are you saying that if you've zero credit and you top up by 10 euro on the 10 euro deal you'll still have no credit:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Yes - the offer isn't receive free calls and texts for the week when you top up by ten euro.

Its receive free calls and texts for 10 euro

Thats how i read it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Lol, they're some craic!
    Are they allowed to advertise like that?

in the ten euro prepay offer, it clearly reads, and will attract the eye of many people....

ALL the calls and texts you NEED to any network.

What if I NEED more than 200 lol?

Pretty misleading advertising imho

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

The Paul Donovan video here is cringe worthy:

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/details/?id=66

It is buts he’s right. I don’t know how many times I’ve stood on homeless people, dog ****, walked into lampposts and fallen in the liffey while walking and texting at the same time. The man is a marketing genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

It seems all mention of "unlimited" has been removed from their website and now we have
    wrote:
    A Fair usage policy of 200 minutes and 200 texts weekly applies to these offers. According to ComReg's Q1 2010 quarterly report (published June 2010), the average Irish user only uses 231 minutes and 192 texts per month, we're offering 200 minutes and 200 texts per week.

so it seems they must have gotten a good bit of grief over this

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭CCOLGAN

It is buts he’s right. I don’t know how many times I’ve stood on homeless people, dog ****, walked into lampposts and fallen in the liffey while walking and texting at the same time. The man is a marketing genius.

:) what a terrible review - the guy probably doesn't even own one... See the battery indicator at the beginning of the video showed no battery powers left and at the end 3/4 battery power left, how come he didn't mention this cool feature? :)

i got confirmation today the meteor sims will work in emobiles phones
    this is good news for some
    but look why has emobile all the good phones and meteor none

Yes - the offer isn't receive free calls and texts for the week when you top up by ten euro.

Its receive free calls and texts for 10 euro

Thats how i read it anyway

No, I really think it is top up by €10 and get free calls and texts for the week, so you still have ten suro credit at the end of the week if you don't use MMS, data etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

there's no concept of credit with this, its a €10 fee each week, after the week is over you need to pay another €10

• Advertisement

MiCr0 wrote: »
    there's no concept of credit with this, its a €10 fee each week, after the week is over you need to pay another €10

Is it even a pre pay offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cashbuyer

Darragh wrote: »
    Nice of you to register this account to ask the question. *sigh*

If I'm sent the press release and if it's of interest, then yes, happy to.

*sigh* Darragh, you aren't all that important, I registered ages ago for, and use, adverts.ie but came here to check if the new company was any good.

Thanks for playing.

MiCr0 wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up - though it is a bit misleading when they say all you need to do is 'top up by €10' etc. Why would anyone go for this offer when you can 'keep' your credit and still get free texts or calls with the other networks?? Crazy stuff.

plu wrote: »
    Seven

Any network talk, text & data €15/week 'Seven 15' is a unique prepay offer - you won't enjoy these benefits with any other mobile provider, you get:
    • - All the calls and texts you need to any network, any time
    • - A whopping 250 MB of data for internet browsing or email on your phone!
    • - All you have to do is top up by €15 every seven days

My advice to anyone is to check the web site yourself. You can easily be misled by other's posting what they imagine they see.
    ##

250mb data IS NOT WHOPPING
    if you have email on all day
    some websites can have a 3mb opening page
    a 1GB plan would of saved them here even 500MB may have made it a good catch
    there is always a catch with some plan somewhere never forget that
    note the way no meteor charts are offered????

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

i rang these today for pig iron sake
    they say a meteor sim will not work in there phones and they said they have nothing to do with meteor i actually laughed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Bugzy

ah i wouldn't expect that PAYG offer to pick up. too expensive for a teen and too inconvenient for a business person cause they have to top up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 shelldub

I was just wondering if anyone else who signed up for emobile Bill Pay was asked for a deposit. I signed up and was asked for €300 up front which I think is pretty steep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

shelldub wrote: »
    I was just wondering if anyone else who signed up for emobile Bill Pay was asked for a deposit. I signed up and was asked for €300 up front which I think is pretty steep.

300??

are you serious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I signed up and wasn't asked for anything... I did set up direct debit thou

Advertisement