Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile has Launched

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Gucky wrote: »
    300??

are you serious?

thats rediculous i know what i would of said there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

ive never heard of that or seen it
    i did not have to when i started with meteor and when i changed over last week to another network no mention of a deposit at all?
    ive sent emobile a mail so i will get back with an answer when they do reply:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

maybe its a new thing with the networks coming on stream

maybe its in case they screw up like meteor with the breach of contract thing a while back that i got out of with 3 lines
    it could be so they have something on you if you decide to leave like myself ,but can see that working.

lets see what emoblie have to say i joined there site for info so i can pass it on here.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    i will ask around tomorow with some contacts i know to see if we can get an overall picture about deposits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Meteor 300 deposit is nearly standard, never seen a network as bad for deposits.

edit, except for emobile now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 kaos1979

if a customer is asked for a deposit, it is normally because they have not got a credit history or even a good credit history. This is common practice thoughout all credit vetted applications, and emobile is not any different to any other network. And besides you get all of your deposit back in a credit after a short time :)

kaos1979 wrote: »
    if a customer is asked for a deposit, it is normally because they have not got a credit history or even a good credit history. This is common practice thoughout all credit vetted applications, and emobile is not any different to any other network. And besides you get all of your deposit back in a credit after a short time :)

never seen any mobile company to constantly ask for large deposits like meteor/emobile, they are out on their own with those kind of deposits.

never seen any mobile company to constantly ask for large deposits like meteor/emobile, they are out on their own with those kind of deposits.

Not sure where you are getting your info from but by no means are emobile constantly asking for deposits, they will only ask for a deposit if the customer criteria demands it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 shelldub

Can you tell me what exactly the "customer criteria" is please? I'm completely baffled as to why I was singled out for this payment. I have an excellent credit rating I know this because I requested my ICB credit rating as soon as this happened. As I already knew it was perfect.

I've been in full time employment for 10 years, own my own home and was previously on a bill pay with 02 with no problems whatsoever, so I'm just wondering what it could possibly be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

shelldub wrote: »
    Can you tell me what exactly the "customer criteria" is please? I'm completely baffled as to why I was singled out for this payment. I have an excellent credit rating I know this because I requested my ICB credit rating as soon as this happened. As I already knew it was perfect.

I've been in full time employment for 10 years, own my own home and was previously on a bill pay with 02 with no problems whatsoever, so I'm just wondering what it could possibly be?

I have been on to meteor about this still have to get back to them. So far all they have told me is that the criteria are not publish for commercial reasons. I said to them that surely since the criteria apply to me then I have to right to know why I paid a deposit and what criteria were used. They don't use the ICB credit rating, I asked.

I didn't go to get my credit rating because they want to charge me for it, I will head to a bank to get that by requesting a loan I have no interest in taking out. These charges are just screwing with people. IMO.

I was very annoyed since I had take forever to get the phone and at the end of a very easy sale the sales person informed then and only then of the deposit. Which is now currently sitting in Meteor's bank for six month with many other deposits.

I am happy with the phone and meteor but felt ripped off because of this deposit.

Sorry I do not know that information, it is confidential and can only be discussed with the applicant, you can write a letter to emobile customer care at 1 Heuston quarter, st Johns road, Dublin 8, and they should be able to help with your query :)

I was informed by emobile I that if I wanted to know the reason why I was subject to this deposit I needed to contact the legal department by letter which I did. I await eagerly to see what they come with. I did also set up a direct debit with them so it's not that either.

In saying all this I feel so angry about the way this was handled I will not be going with Emobile.

I was informed by emobile I that if I wanted to know the reason why I was subject to this deposit I needed to contact the legal department by letter which I did. I await eagerly to see what they come with. I did also set up a direct debit with them so it's not that either.

In saying all this I feel so angry about the way this was handled I will not be going with Emobile.

I am sorry to hear that, I would like to see myself the response from the legal dept, maybe it was a glitch in the system, if you have a perfect history it would be strange to be asked for a deposit, anyway sorry I cant be more help,:)

Sorry I do not know that information, it is confidential and can only be discussed with the applicant, you can write a letter to emobile customer care at 1 Heuston quarter, st Johns road, Dublin 8, and they should be able to help with your query :)

Yeah this is the reply I got.
    I refer to your call requesting details regarding an application for bill pay phone services.

The vetting of all applications for a contract phone services was made in accordance with company policy, in line with our process for credit scoring applications. The outcome of your scroe does not in any way imply that you have a poor credit rating you score was calculated based on the information provided on your application.

No information was obtained from any Finanacial Institution or the ICB and our decision does not have any effect on your credit history.

We apologize for any inconvenience you have encountered with this matter but unfortunately, we cannot reverse the decision on your bill pay application at this time.

Should I be happy with this????

If they don't use the ICB credit rating how they know what credit rating you have and who the deposit should apply to.

What other information could they possibly taking into account? I did get a parking ticket a few weeks ago that could be it.

I guess you have to be, I agree I would not be happy with a response like that but I guess sometimes there is nothing you can do, maybe you can go on a pre pay plan for 12 mths and then upgrade to billpay at that point :)

Eh No should you should not be happy with this. They have stated you do not have a bad credit rating but have not given a reason why you are subject to the payment!!

I guess you have to be, I agree I would not be happy with a response like that but I guess sometimes there is nothing you can do, maybe you can go on a pre pay plan for 12 mths and then upgrade to billpay at that point :)

I have been with Meteor for the last 6 years at the very least on pre-pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You can make a request under the data protection act.

http://www.dataprotection.ie/ViewDoc.asp?fn=/documents/rights/2d.htm&CatID=17&m=r

They must also explain their scoring system.

• Advertisement

http://www.dataprotection.ie/ViewDoc.asp?fn=/documents/rights/2d.htm&CatID=17&m=r

Make a dp request and they will provide the score and an explanation of the score.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Do they not have an official appeals process for instances like this? AFAIK all the other networks do where they will explain the reasoning behind the decision.

Walkman wrote: »
    Do they not have an official appeals process for instances like this? AFAIK all the other networks do where they will explain the reasoning behind the decision.

eMobile is not a NETWORK, it's an MVNO!!

eMobile is not a NETWORK, it's an MVNO!!

eMobile is not a Network it is just another name for the Meteor Network which is also owned by Eircom. Why didn't they just reduce Meteor prices? Surely that would be more cost efficient than a new brand.

I don't think Eircom/Meteor will give the criteria, emailed their data protection division

here is what emobile told me regarding deposit

Hi Jimmy,

All bill pay applications are subject to credit vetting that may occasionally result in a deposit being required. It’s all dependant on the customers credit rating and the product they are purchasing so the deposit varies. If they do pay a deposit it will be refunded after their 6th bill so means they will have a credit on their 7th bill that can be used against future bills.

Thanks

Gina

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

jimmynokia wrote: »
    here is what emobile told me regarding deposit

Hi Jimmy,

All bill pay applications are subject to credit vetting that may occasionally result in a deposit being required. It’s all dependant on the customers credit rating and the product they are purchasing so the deposit varies. If they do pay a deposit it will be refunded after their 6th bill so means they will have a credit on their 7th bill that can be used against future bills.

Thanks

Gina

By reading that, they won't give it back at all, just 'let you' use it to pay off your bill. :eek:

The more I read about emobile the less likely I am to consider switching to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Shelly27

So what exactly is "Credit Vetting" if they are not using the ICB credit rating. You are entitled to know what information they are using to assess if you are a credit risk.

All I know is I have a perfect credit rating and the only other information they have on me is my name, age, gender and address? So what exactly is going against me?

You are correct about your entitlement to know You need to write to them and make a request under the data protection act and they will (or should) supply you with details of your score and how it was calculated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

with post phone and now e mobile comming out using clever ways too make the public think there getting better deal,if you look at uk and waht they get from different mobile phone companys and look at same mobile companys here,even if you take in that ireland is more expensive than uk,we still way too expensive over all,these 2 new mobile services are no better,they still try too play the irish public with clever numbers and offers,will never change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

I really liked the sound of the ten euro deal and was going to sign up, even rang up and have a sim out in d post. HOWEVER not liking the idea that if I top up by 10 euro i dont actually have 10 euro credit.
    can anyone tell me has anybody got this little bit clarified? if it is merely a 10 euro fee rather then credit then this a joke.

Advertisement